Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What happened





12 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

Amazing post. You a welcome for my/our support and thanks for yours. Top post, DRog...

Matty O said...

Haha, love the running farts man. I always let those puppies rip and I laugh all the time. Something about doing that just takes a relief off your back.

I use the blog the same way as you. It is what holds me accountable for my workouts and especially during races. I say... well are you going to post that you gave up and walked the whole portion? Are you going to say that you told everyone you could ride 20mph and hit a 16mph split?! Haha, mind games the whole time.

Its nice too because it lets you escape the current pain and ponder things haha!

Pumped that everyone is doing IMLP 2011. I might volunteer just to meet everyone and cheer you guys on!

Here's to an awesome year!

Maria said...

S.I.U is a new one, I'll have to remember that. I'm a fan of HTFU (Harden the F*ck up).
Congrats again on your IMLP entry, I'm so excited to follow your journey!

KovasP said...

Great results, you should be really proud of yourself. Liking the SIU, even though my first thought was - he's a fan of Southern Illinois University? J/K

Aimee said...

I was totally wandering what was on your arm! I like the SIU...I may have to use that in two weeks!
I'm grateful for the blogosphere too. I don't know how I would do it without any of you. :)

Jon said...

Thats the great part of this network you have built: SUPPORT! We are there for ya! 362 days!!!! hahahaha!

Unknown said...

Hello my name is Jeff and I am addicted to Triathlon.

haha ... the blogosphere is like our own little support group. Might have to make the trip up to Lake Placid next year to cheer everyone on. We could have a big 'ol blogger meet up! Might want to do that IM in 2012 anyway!

oh, you'd still be laughing if you could have seen the look of disgust on the lady's face next to me...priceless! Farts will always be funny!

valen said...

S.I.U!, I like that.

I sed the G.S.B. on my first HIM (grow some balls) it didn't help and I walked like 1km... ha ha ha

skierz said...

What an awesome race! I guess the SIU worked wonders, not a bad idea! I am with you on the encouragement and motivation found in the bloggin experience! It has added a ton to my experience! Keep training like a mad man and you will kill IM next season!

Bryan said...

D, awesome job, amazing time. You're a damn natural. Wow.

I loved the SIU marker on the hands. What a great idea. It sure worked for you.

With the times you are posting, you are now in the elite group of PFG tri club memebers.haha.

Way to go.

B

Julie said...

I love the suck it up! If and when I run a marathon I am going to write something cool like that on my hand:)

Caratunk Girl said...

Love the SIU on the hands - might steal that for Timberman! You are freaking fast man. Congrats!