Monday, July 12, 2010

Wavering


10 comments:

Matty O said...

Does the H2O audio thing work well?! Is it heavy? Where do you clip your Ipod?!

I wanted to get one for the longer swims because swimming is mega mind numbing.

Jon said...

You should totally do the Chicago Tri! Man I still can't get over how f-ing fast you blew that course away for your first triathlon ever. You have some serious speed!

Caratunk Girl said...

I hope you do the Chigago Tri! You are so fast on the run, I hope that knee gets better. HEY after my post about not liking gadgets, I think H2O audio would be freaking awesome in the pool where I get so bored I start drooling. You know that 99% of my training is in a lake anyway, and I only wish I had a pool close to me in the winter, which I get to when I can, but I think I would go for longer sets with something like that.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

Same questions as Matty O, please let us know how it works. i have always been worried it would leak or soemthing and nuke my ipod.

skierz said...

tuck in your shirt, that is a sign of getting old? Wahoo! I am still young?!

Betsy said...

hmmm....not sure I can offer advice on do/don't do Chisago. I don't know if I would go the no run route though. You'll lose a lot of fitness and honestly a HIM is a different ball game from the Oly.

I'm not expert but I will tell you about a convo I had with my coach for IM & the run portion. He told me that your run fitness comes from total miles and total run training not just long runs. For IM my longest run will be about 18 miles and with 2 months to go we're adding a 4th run to the week. So if you decide to do Chisago maybe you want to run 4x per week but have about 7 miles be your longest and targeting like 125% of your race distance per week spread over 4 runs of moderate distance. You'll get the fitness without the wear and tear & need for recovery. Just an idea for another approach vs. no running.

valen said...

tucking your shirt.... that's old and weird!, ha ha ha.
I reckon you should do your tri, and skip the marathon. shorter runs may let your knee get better and do the marathon some other year?

Patrick Mahoney said...

I'm glad you got your shirt because there was MAJOR confusion at the post office Saturday whether or not the envelope was an "large envelope" or a "parcel". Of course the other 4 envelopes I gave them at the same time where deemed "large envelope".

Sherri said...

I don't swim much, but I have wanted to get a pool ipod...how is it???
My vote is do Chicago...your on fire!!!

Heather said...

Sorry your knee is bothering you! Could you cut back to the spring at Chisago if it is still bothering you?