Wow, you really do have to take in alot of nutrition to stay on top! What a difference when compared to me and my two little packets of gel:) Do you like the Nuun products? What does it taste like? Do you think that I would like it? I have heard so many people mention Nuun products in their blogs. I have to try it and see what all the fuss is about:)
That was a lot of nutrition but if it works for you, then it's worth it. I'm still experimenting with different things, but I always make sure to have something set well before a race so I don't mess around on race day. I wish you could squeeze ice cream into a gu pack...ben and jerry's on the go would be awesome!
Ho. Ly. Cats. I am not gonna lie - super impressed that you didn't toss your cookies (or think thin bar...) with all that going on in your stomach. Bit more power to you, because like you said, it worked!!
If you haven't noticed on my blog... I am a big fan of Nuun. I use it on all my rides, spin class, races, you name it. Kona Kola is my favorite hands down.
I like my hammer products but I finally OD's on Perpetuem. If you can't keep it cool it starts to taste like warm milk and after 2 years of the Orange Cream flavor I can barely choke it down any more!
I recently swithed to Carb-Pro from Perpetuem. It is completely flavorless so I can mix with whatever sounds good wihtout burning out on any flavor...Nuun, whatever electrolyte drink they have on course, plain water for flavorless calories like I did last night.
Nailing nutrition makes a huge difference. If you ever miss or if you bonk and come back you realize how important it is to keep calories going in.
I really like Nuun as well and have to agree with Heater, Kona Kola is really good! I was just thinking about my nutrition plan today, too while I was on my bike ride. I tried GU Roctane for the first time today and I am wondering about the caffeine content and how much would be too much. Did you feel jittery from all of that coffee and Gu?
That is a lot of nutrition! I got hungry reading that ..lol!
I tried Infinit and it was just okay. Don't really like HEED. When I did a 50K trail run I just lived of the course that day and they had HEED. I probably drank 5 gallons of that shit and promised myself I never would touch it again after that race!! The after taste was hard on me!!
12 comments:
Wow, you really do have to take in alot of nutrition to stay on top! What a difference when compared to me and my two little packets of gel:) Do you like the Nuun products? What does it taste like? Do you think that I would like it? I have heard so many people mention Nuun products in their blogs. I have to try it and see what all the fuss is about:)
Happy recovery week to you!
Man you did take a lot of nutrition... I am going less is more, my stomach gets upset easily.
I hope I don't go through withdrawal next week. I am afraid not having a goal I will downward spiral!
I am going to steal your idea of SIU in sharpie on the arms. Every time I look down I will see it and have no excuses haha!
That was a lot of nutrition but if it works for you, then it's worth it. I'm still experimenting with different things, but I always make sure to have something set well before a race so I don't mess around on race day.
I wish you could squeeze ice cream into a gu pack...ben and jerry's on the go would be awesome!
Ho. Ly. Cats. I am not gonna lie - super impressed that you didn't toss your cookies (or think thin bar...) with all that going on in your stomach. Bit more power to you, because like you said, it worked!!
If you haven't noticed on my blog... I am a big fan of Nuun. I use it on all my rides, spin class, races, you name it. Kona Kola is my favorite hands down.
I like my hammer products but I finally OD's on Perpetuem. If you can't keep it cool it starts to taste like warm milk and after 2 years of the Orange Cream flavor I can barely choke it down any more!
I recently swithed to Carb-Pro from Perpetuem. It is completely flavorless so I can mix with whatever sounds good wihtout burning out on any flavor...Nuun, whatever electrolyte drink they have on course, plain water for flavorless calories like I did last night.
Nailing nutrition makes a huge difference. If you ever miss or if you bonk and come back you realize how important it is to keep calories going in.
That is a lot to take in! I love Nuun. Kona kola is my new favorite flavor. I hoard it for my long runs.
I really like Nuun as well and have to agree with Heater, Kona Kola is really good! I was just thinking about my nutrition plan today, too while I was on my bike ride. I tried GU Roctane for the first time today and I am wondering about the caffeine content and how much would be too much. Did you feel jittery from all of that coffee and Gu?
That is a lot of nutrition! I got hungry reading that ..lol!
I tried Infinit and it was just okay. Don't really like HEED. When I did a 50K trail run I just lived of the course that day and they had HEED. I probably drank 5 gallons of that shit and promised myself I never would touch it again after that race!! The after taste was hard on me!!
Wow, that nutrition list is interesting. Mine is still in the planning stage.
Have you tried coconut juice/water for rehydration? I love it...and use Vita Coco.
I'd like to apologise for missing your race day...sounds like you had a great race - I hope I do as well...haha.
Yes I can totally see you at Lake Placid, you are going to have a blast!
Nuun is the nectar of Endurance Athletes...
Don't go telling the world about ensure, that's OUR secret weapon. haha
Also, the best product Hammer makes that I use is Recoverite. Amazing stuff after a hard workout. Next day you feel like a million bucks.
Nice one on the ice cream. Been there. haha
B
I have become a huge Nuun fan over the last few months...good stuff!
Post a Comment