I don't know about putting on your shirt, but whenever I try to get my sports bra on after a swim, even after drying off, I need assistance. I seriously can't dress myself. So maybe you want to practice that one first . . .
I am excited to hear about your first tri experience - you are going to do awesome!
Swim in your tri top! My first triathlon, I put my top on in transition. It was soo hard to put the shirt on when I was wet, tired and had lost some dexterity (T1 - over 4mins). The pockets may/maynot be an issue; depends on how tight your shirt is and how fast you swim.
Good luck this weekend, I'm looking forward to your first triathlon race report!
X infiniti on what the others said above about the Tri top. Swim in it. It is made for that and it will be dry 5 minutes into the bike. The less you have to remember in transition the better. Keep it Simple.
Definitely swim in your tri top! It is REALLY hard to get a tight fitting shirt on when you're wet (even though you're planning on drying off). Don't waste the time trying to dry off, just wear the top!
SWIM IN TRI TOP! Believe me, you will not be dry enough to get it on. Also, your arms will be a bit fatigued so that will add to the difficulty.
Your pockets are tight they won't affect you.
That is an aggressive swim time man. You will probably bike faster than your goal, when the adrenaline is going you will be all over those pedals.
Lastly, as boring and stupid as it sounds, do yourself a favor and practice setting up transition in a parking lot. Just spend 15-20 minutes, you will be glad you did. These are PRECIOUS seconds/minutes that you can gain. Practice jogging with the bike too.
For some reason when I run in the TRIs, my legs feel very relaxed. All I can think is that the swimming and biking warmed them up for me.
I love to watch the pros...we go as a family every year to watch Hyvee Triathlon! It is such a blast, that last year my oldest daughter participated in the kids tri...and loved it! This year the two girls both signed up, and were so bummed when it was canceled. I can't wait to read your race report! Good Luck!
I think I agree with all the comments above. SWIM WITH YOUR TOP ON!, it'll make trainsition a bit easier bit having one less thing to think about. wear lots of vaseline, and enjoy your race... I'm looking forward to the race report!
I have zero tri experience, unless you count a few I did 20 years ago, before they were that big of a deal, so I don't have any real advice for you other than HAVE A BLAST!!! Don't stress over your time, this first one is for the experience and you just gotta enjoy it! Good luck, I'll be cheering for you from Denver!!!
12 comments:
I don't know about putting on your shirt, but whenever I try to get my sports bra on after a swim, even after drying off, I need assistance. I seriously can't dress myself. So maybe you want to practice that one first . . .
I am excited to hear about your first tri experience - you are going to do awesome!
Swim in your tri top. It will dry off quickly on the bike. No wetsuit?
Swim in your tri top! My first triathlon, I put my top on in transition. It was soo hard to put the shirt on when I was wet, tired and had lost some dexterity (T1 - over 4mins). The pockets may/maynot be an issue; depends on how tight your shirt is and how fast you swim.
Good luck this weekend, I'm looking forward to your first triathlon race report!
X infiniti on what the others said above about the Tri top. Swim in it. It is made for that and it will be dry 5 minutes into the bike. The less you have to remember in transition the better. Keep it Simple.
Definitely swim in your tri top! It is REALLY hard to get a tight fitting shirt on when you're wet (even though you're planning on drying off). Don't waste the time trying to dry off, just wear the top!
Good luck! You are going to do awesome! :)
SWIM IN TRI TOP! Believe me, you will not be dry enough to get it on. Also, your arms will be a bit fatigued so that will add to the difficulty.
Your pockets are tight they won't affect you.
That is an aggressive swim time man. You will probably bike faster than your goal, when the adrenaline is going you will be all over those pedals.
Lastly, as boring and stupid as it sounds, do yourself a favor and practice setting up transition in a parking lot. Just spend 15-20 minutes, you will be glad you did. These are PRECIOUS seconds/minutes that you can gain. Practice jogging with the bike too.
For some reason when I run in the TRIs, my legs feel very relaxed. All I can think is that the swimming and biking warmed them up for me.
Excited for you. Hope all goes well!!!
I love to watch the pros...we go as a family every year to watch Hyvee Triathlon! It is such a blast, that last year my oldest daughter participated in the kids tri...and loved it! This year the two girls both signed up, and were so bummed when it was canceled.
I can't wait to read your race report!
Good Luck!
I agree - get a tri top. GOOD LUCK!
I tried a swim/bike brick this week, and yes, wear the tri top!
Nice estimated times, the only one I could achieve is the bike one...
Luck! :)
I am planning on swimming in my tri top : ) I hope the race goes well for you, good luck with that bike route!
I think I agree with all the comments above. SWIM WITH YOUR TOP ON!, it'll make trainsition a bit easier bit having one less thing to think about.
wear lots of vaseline, and enjoy your race... I'm looking forward to the race report!
I have zero tri experience, unless you count a few I did 20 years ago, before they were that big of a deal, so I don't have any real advice for you other than HAVE A BLAST!!! Don't stress over your time, this first one is for the experience and you just gotta enjoy it! Good luck, I'll be cheering for you from Denver!!!
Post a Comment