Saturday, July 10, 2010

LifeTime Fitness Triathlon - Race Report










15 comments:

valen said...

Great report, Great result. Congratulations!!!!!
doing so well in your first race you have to be really happy. keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be looking forward for more

Caratunk Girl said...

So this was your first tri? You did so awesome! Really awesome race report. Way to blow your swim goal out of the water! :) Your bike time is incredible, I only hit 22mph when I am going downhill. And you are just fast on the run, that is awesome.

CONGRATS! When is your next one? :)

The Triathlon Rx said...

Writing from my iPhone so will comment more later but WOW so happy for you!! Awesome job and congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats and just and Awesome Job! You just crushed the swim and bike - you are hooked now! My favorite part of every tri is walking around the transition area and checking out the tricked out bikes!

Julie said...

Woo hoo! You did awesome:) Wow, you took 9th place for your age group and 81st overall! You are a Tri-stud and I have a feeling that you are only going to get better! Congrats on a wonderful race!

Johan Stemmet said...

Wow, you just did awesome, never mind 1st Triathon, you are a veteran. Well done
Enjoy post race celebrations
Johan

Bryan said...

Holy Crap man!!!! You kicked A$$. Well done. You're a natural. All your times were fricken awesome. Officially, you are now a member of the PFG. Wow, I still can't believe how well you did. Period. Forget about it being your first ever.

B

Pete32 said...

All I can say is, "hats off to you!" Those times are blazing fast - especially for your first! I'm very impressed with how well you did, you're a natural at this Tri stuff. I think you have now drop that marathon long distance running stuff and officially joined us Tri geeks.

64 CLASSIC said...

Unbelieveable finishes overall, age group, gender, ect... CONGRATS!!

A JOB WELL DONE DROG!! Great race report. Its cool when things come together isn't it. I've already ran 3.5 today. Makes me want to go back out.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! You did awesome! Congrats to you. Your finishing time really is impressive.

Jill said...

Wooohooooo!! I was thinking about you today (as I was sucking up a lung on a very tough hill race) and I'm sooo glad to read this report!! I can feel the smile on your face from 2000 miles away, your words are screaming excitement. So very proud, and HAPPY for you, Derek!! Congratulations!!!!

Patrick Mahoney said...

are you sure this was your first race? This was great. When's the next one?

Matty O said...

Alright, numerous comments haha!

1. CONGRATS!!!!! SOLID!
2. 7th in swim and bike... dude WTF?!?!
3. That feeling is amazing when you finish isn't it?
4. You may have set the bar too high now... cause you PR'd in your first TRI HAHA!
5. Killed my only olympic TRI time of 2:45:00 (5 years ago).
6. 7th in swim and bike... still in AWE!
7. The run, well I can't wait for you to dial this in where you want it because people in your area are going to set their sites on you :)
8. Same thing with the TRI we did earlier this year... the guys that racked on each side of me were hard core... best feeling in the world was that I had my bike out of T1 before they even saw their bikes :)
9. Welcome to the PFG Triathlon Club :)

Cannot wait for your next one, stay healthy and stretch!

Jon said...

Holy WOW! That was your first triathlon?!?!?! You finished that thing like a veteran! I see big things from you in the near future.

Congrats again, TRIATHLETE!

Maria said...

Congrats on your first triathlon! What a great experience! Mine was a rinky dink sprint in small town Iowa but I wouldn't trade it for the world. You should be thrilled with those times!