Derek, from my experience... triathlons do not tear the body up as much as running. For me running has been the most brutal on my body and that is why I am concerned about the lack of running for our training program. That is also why I am liking triathlon training more than marathon training though :)
Keep up with the stretching and icing. I used to take IB Profin's regularly to get through the run only to find out they were tearing my stomach up. So I started stretching and have not needed them since! (for the marathon training)
Glad you are back at it in record time. Ride on cloud 9 as long as you can man, you have earned bragging rights for at least a month with that time you posted for losing your triathlon virginity haha!
Good luck in Chisago! There a some people from Little Falls who will be there, too! If we would have been smart, that is the one we would have signed up for-much shorter distances! Glad you are rebounding well!
I wouldn't consider mowing 'rebounding' but I guess we all have different ways of recovering! I hope you get a chance to do Chisago, but in the end, listen to your body. Can't wait to hear how your new H2O swimming device works out.
9 comments:
Glad you bounced back so quick, awesome.
Derek, from my experience... triathlons do not tear the body up as much as running. For me running has been the most brutal on my body and that is why I am concerned about the lack of running for our training program. That is also why I am liking triathlon training more than marathon training though :)
Keep up with the stretching and icing. I used to take IB Profin's regularly to get through the run only to find out they were tearing my stomach up. So I started stretching and have not needed them since! (for the marathon training)
Glad you are back at it in record time. Ride on cloud 9 as long as you can man, you have earned bragging rights for at least a month with that time you posted for losing your triathlon virginity haha!
SOunding strong! A good recovery is great indication of your conditioning.
Go Chisago! Hope the outside run goes well.
Have you seen a PT or licensed massage therapist to take care of your running ills?
Glad you are recovering well. Looking forward to meeting you in Chisago! :)
Woo hoo for bouncing right back into it! You are going to do great at Chisago!
My yard is looking a little toasty...especially after today! Wowzer was it freaking hot and sticky today:(
Good luck in Chisago! There a some people from Little Falls who will be there, too! If we would have been smart, that is the one we would have signed up for-much shorter distances! Glad you are rebounding well!
I wouldn't consider mowing 'rebounding' but I guess we all have different ways of recovering! I hope you get a chance to do Chisago, but in the end, listen to your body. Can't wait to hear how your new H2O swimming device works out.
Post a Comment