Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chisago 70.3 - Race Report









16 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

Fantastic man, I knew you where gonna pull it off! Nicely done!!

wendy said...

Wow!!!! You had AMAZING times! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Personally, I would have gone with the princess cooler, lol! Congrats!

KovasP said...

Outstanding race, great time especially with the loose puppy and portapotty delay. Amazing how strong you still look in that post-raec photo!

Matty O said...

ummmmmmm, 2 words: Holy Shit!

Wow, my goal is 6hrs this weekend haha unbelievable time man!

I have no idea how to gauge my race, this is my problem, I am sure you went through the same thoughts. I tried saying ok, I can do this in this time etc.

I will be thinking of all my blogger buddies when I want to stop and walk or slow down on the bike and hopefully that will push me too.

Great job man, seriously!

Unknown said...

Excellent Job -- you just crush the bike!

Betsy said...

Nice work dude! Very happy for you. And can't wait to see you on the IM course!!!!!

I had the exact same thought getting off the bike last weekend. I don't think I can do 2x this distance! But you've got a year. I've got 2 months! Holy Crap!

skierz said...

Way to go! What an awesome race result! You showed that race who was boss! The mystery of nutrition, any insight based on your result? Whatever you did seemed to work. Congrats

Heather said...

Wow, you did an awesome job! It definitely was hot out there on the run course. And I thought a ton of people were wearing wetsuits too, even on the sprint . . . Great race report!

Jill said...

Hahah, love the cooler :). Yes, I think you DID make the right choice considering the other options. That totally made me laugh.

I thought about you on my race course yesterday and was hoping that all was going well for you. I am super super happy for you also - and SO very proud!! You have so very litte experience in this event yet you just ROCKED it!! Holy cow, mister, your determination and strength just persevered!! Woohoo! I have no doubt there's no end to the places you will go!

Congratulations!!! :)

Lucas R. Tucker said...

great job and nice times!

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your race! You did AWESOME and your time rocks! I was so glad to hear that you didn't have any pain on the run...yay! :)

Maria said...

Congrats on your race Derek, I'm glad you decided to give the go ahead!! Now enjoy some post race relaxing (well as much as you can with kids around!).

Julie said...

I knew that you were going to kick ass! I am so proud of you:) Look at what your placement is....seriously...176 out of 1024!?! You did so good and it makes me so excited to see what the next one is going to be like for you:) Congrats on a fantastic finish! I love the picture of you with your bling! Well deserved for sure:)

Caratunk Girl said...

Holy crap, you just blew that baby out of the water! Congrats on the awesome race! You are a rock star! I hope I look that good post race!

Pete32 said...

Great job on your HIM. You're getting some great racing in this year and it's only your first "Tri" year!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm away from blogland for a week and it was your HI. I feel gutted, I'm so sorry for missing it and hope you read this comment.

That was a great race! I can only dream of doing so well! Way to go :)