Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Paranoia Deep Destroyer


13 comments:

Jill said...

I was at REI tonight, just staring at all the crazy amounts of "stuff" you can put in your body for a race. I know my stomach doesn't like a lot of these products but man o man, there is so much out there. I recently had success with the Honey Stingers so I got some of those but they are so bulky..not sure how to carry them in SF. Anyhoo...sorry you overslept and not able to get out for a swim but these things happen. I'm not sure I'll have time to log in before I go so am sending cheers and good luck vibes your way now...but I will be thinking about you and will KNOW that you're out there rocking this tri! Can't wait to get back and read you report. Godspeed!!!

Patrick Mahoney said...

I believe this is a Kinks reference, yes? The nerves are normal, and missing one OWS will not make a difference. YOU believing in yourself 100% is what will make the difference. Go crush it.

Julie said...

I totally know how missing a workout can make you crabby:) It has been so hard for me to cut back...going from 6 runs a week down to 2 or 3 sucks:( I feel for you!

Just remember...you have been training like a mad dog and I know that you are ready! Just get out there and get it done! I know that you are going to rock your Tri:) Also, keep in mind that this is your first....enjoy it!

Matty O said...

Take a breath, shake it off. You will be fine. If you are doing the HIM distance, DO NOT go out hard in the swim, pace yourself alright? Everything I have been told said do not sprint the beginning of the swim, ease into it and get up to your race pace.

You will do awesome man, I am pretty sure your swim workouts have put you in the top 25% here.

Good choice on nutrition!

Bryan said...

Great luck on Sunday, you're going to rock it. I can tell. In a year from now, you'll be eating halfs for breakfast. Again, good luck and don't forget to enjoy the event and expect the unexpected, don't let anything rattle you.

B

Pete32 said...

Good luck this weekend! Regarding your day... its just a normal taper day the week of a race (Restless, Irritable, Discontent, Missed workout, & Nutrition analysis).

The Triathlon Rx said...

bummer!! if it makes you feel any better... even though i wasn't meeting you guys on wednesday i was still supposed to get up at 6:00 for a ride. only i fell asleep during the news the night before and never set my alarm!!

your anxiousness is totally normal. i've checked directions probably FIVE times leading up to the race just to make sure I *really know* how to get there. ;)

you are going to do great! you've made good choices leading up to the race, and you've put in the work. all the things that are *in your control* - you've been on top of! go rock it.

Jon said...

Breath in! Breath out! Rinse and repeat :)

Missing one day is not gonna hurt you. You have SUCH a base from everything that you do, that this may in fact benefit you by resting you. You are going to do FINE this weekend!

50% of any workout/race, is just getting to the start line :)

Aimee said...

The nerves are totally normal! I always get like that before my races! You are going to do great!

KovasP said...

Shouldn't rest be part of the taper anyway? You're going to do great.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

I know how you feel, my first race is sunday. You wil probably still be racing and I will be sore and enjoying beer and pizza.

wendy said...

I didn't realize you were doing the longer distance! You are going to do awesome, you have trained for this and you can do it!

I have heard good things about the Roctane, I may have to try that stuff.

Rest, relax and don't worry, you will do fine : )

Maria said...

I'm so excited that you're racing on Sunday! I know you'll be great...just relax and enjoy the distance the first time. Next time you race HIM you can work on the whole numbers thing.