Phew! That is a big bullet to bite! Great choice! I watched a lot of the race online and it looks like an AWESOME course. Find yourself some hills my friend... and wear a rut in them haha!
I may volunteer at it next year to meet everyone... ultimately I don't think that will be one of our choices for a race next year... H wants to go down south :)
So exciting, that's awesome! I have been looking for more tris to do this year. The marathon training may suffer, but I really want to do at least one more before the end of summer!
Wow that is big news! Very cool that such a big group of us bloggers are all doing our 1st IM's in 2011. Will be good to have all you guys to share the ups and downs with. Did you get that, What the hell did I just do? feeling right after you received the confirmation? I know I did, it was sort of neat.
Woah crazy! Congrats on getting in! How long was it online for? Shoot me an email to campbell(dot)jon(at)gmail(dot)com. You are gonna freaking rock this race.
Gaaahhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited! For you. Didn't I tell you to do that? You don't know me well enough to knwo you shouldn't listen :) But while I"m at it...you should sign up for IMWI too.
Sorta super big secret that I haven't widely annouced yet? I signed up for IMCDA for June 2011...before doing IMWI. My boy friends point - you signed up for your first before you did your first and that's pretty much the same as signing up for your second before doing your first. Ha!
Seriously. I'm almost as excited as I would be if I were doing it!
ok...I admit I was so excited that I didn't really read your whole post. So I have a few more comments :)
Enjoy your ice cream...you earned it.
Do another 70.3 if you really really want to. But don't feel like you have to and don't burn yourself out this year. The year goes by fast but it's a huge commitment...enjoy your pre-ironman time. That being said. I think that racing has been scaled down this year so if want to get your racing fix, race lots this year!
and don't be surprised if you feel worse the 2nd day that you did the next day. give yourself time to ease back in. I thought I felt great on my short run a few days after but then noticed I was still dragging a bit on my long run a week later.
I am so excited I almost peed myself! YOU WERE SERIOUS in the comment you left me!! I am so excited!! I have been so busy catching up I haven't had a chance to read any blogs!!
This is freaking awesome. My plan is to get there 2 times pre-race next summer. I will put it out there so maybe you and Jon and whoever can meet up one or both of those times. A mini-training camp, blogger style???
I need to read your race report. My email is manfarr1974 (at) yahoo (dot) com
"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with 'em. Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players -- every one of ya. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time -- is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em! This is your time!! Now go out there and take it!"
12 comments:
Phew! That is a big bullet to bite! Great choice! I watched a lot of the race online and it looks like an AWESOME course. Find yourself some hills my friend... and wear a rut in them haha!
I may volunteer at it next year to meet everyone... ultimately I don't think that will be one of our choices for a race next year... H wants to go down south :)
Wow, congrats on the entry! Sometimes I think that's the hardest part! I'm so excited for you and your next year of training!
So exciting, that's awesome! I have been looking for more tris to do this year. The marathon training may suffer, but I really want to do at least one more before the end of summer!
Wow that is big news! Very cool that such a big group of us bloggers are all doing our 1st IM's in 2011. Will be good to have all you guys to share the ups and downs with. Did you get that, What the hell did I just do? feeling right after you received the confirmation? I know I did, it was sort of neat.
Woah crazy! Congrats on getting in! How long was it online for? Shoot me an email to campbell(dot)jon(at)gmail(dot)com. You are gonna freaking rock this race.
Gaaahhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited! For you. Didn't I tell you to do that? You don't know me well enough to knwo you shouldn't listen :)
But while I"m at it...you should sign up for IMWI too.
Sorta super big secret that I haven't widely annouced yet? I signed up for IMCDA for June 2011...before doing IMWI. My boy friends point - you signed up for your first before you did your first and that's pretty much the same as signing up for your second before doing your first. Ha!
Seriously. I'm almost as excited as I would be if I were doing it!
ok...I admit I was so excited that I didn't really read your whole post. So I have a few more comments :)
Enjoy your ice cream...you earned it.
Do another 70.3 if you really really want to. But don't feel like you have to and don't burn yourself out this year. The year goes by fast but it's a huge commitment...enjoy your pre-ironman time. That being said. I think that racing has been scaled down this year so if want to get your racing fix, race lots this year!
and don't be surprised if you feel worse the 2nd day that you did the next day. give yourself time to ease back in. I thought I felt great on my short run a few days after but then noticed I was still dragging a bit on my long run a week later.
Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god
I am so excited I almost peed myself! YOU WERE SERIOUS in the comment you left me!! I am so excited!! I have been so busy catching up I haven't had a chance to read any blogs!!
This is freaking awesome. My plan is to get there 2 times pre-race next summer. I will put it out there so maybe you and Jon and whoever can meet up one or both of those times. A mini-training camp, blogger style???
I need to read your race report. My email is manfarr1974 (at) yahoo (dot) com
"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with 'em. Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players -- every one of ya. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time -- is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em! This is your time!! Now go out there and take it!"
:D
It sounds like it was meant to be!! Nice work
Congrats!!!! I got in online as well not really expecting to get in Big crew going to IMLP it should be fun!
Congrats, that's AWESOME. Can hardly wait till next year.
Post a Comment