Sunday, June 13, 2010

Previous 3 and My Nemesis






6 comments:

Matty O said...

First off, I often forget you are the only male in the house. My wife has a lot of shoes/sandals/dress shoes. D, I feel for you!!!

You know I often go back and read my race reports before I go out on a hard run. Mentally I think competitions are more difficult than the physical aspect. I am glad that my experiences are able to be reflected on by other people. I often write thinking that no one gets anything from it haha.

I really think your swimming will shine through on your run. I have never swam nearly as much as you have these last few months. I mean, I still have yet to hit 3,000m !!! haha. But I think that as long as you don't take long breaks during your swims, your body will be ready for the race. The pounding from the pavement would be the only thing that might give you a hiccup or two.

Good luck man! Don't force yourself to keep your times descending for each race, this one is a little different with some different circumstances leading up!

skierz said...

don't strategize yourself out of a good run! try and relax and not over think it and oyu will do awesome! you have the miles and fitness in you!

Jon said...

Man that is a LOT of shoes! And you are a FAST runner! Your Splits at Twin Cities '09 are really good.

Lemme know when you get the Peanut Butter & Co sample packs in. I am waiting on mine as well.

Caratunk Girl said...

Holy crap those are a lot of shoes!! Wow.

You are going to do awesome at Grandmas - I hope the injury behaves. I used Advil, it helped till around...Mile 20. You are faster than me though, so the Advil will last till the end for you - I sound like a drug pusher... :)

Anyway, best of luck - swimming improves your running tremendously, and you are an animal in the pool, so just don't over think it, just run the damn thing. :)

wendy said...

Hey, that looks like our shoe closet! I love all the pink and purple, especially the tie-dyed ones : )

I'll be thinking of all of you up in Duluth this weekend. You will do fine, just keep your head with you. Hopefully there will be no pain.

Enjoy your taper week, you are supposed to gain weight this week : )

Aimee said...

Ha ha..that is too funny about your daughters fighting over the flip flops! :)

Don't stress too much over your marathon. Just take things as they come and do your best...that is all you can hope for!