Woo hoo! Congrats to you with your awesome time:) You did so well for not feeling the greatest on Friday! You rocked it!! I am so bummed that I didn't see you:( I was watching the finish and looking for everyone that I knew was going to be there! Maybe we will do another race together sometime in the future...we will have to plan a place and time to meet at the next race:) Nice job:)
BTW, I thought that it was so warm and everyone was telling me that this years Grandma's was nothing like the previous years! I always seem to overheat:( Did you think that it got hot?
Haha, I couldn't wait to get in today to read your race report!
Man you did awesome despite all the outside factors going against you. Your training paid off and I knew the swimming and spinning you have been doing would more than make up for the lack of running due to the back issues.
When it came down to you it, you manned up and took the bull by the horns man.
Wonder what we can do to kick the mile 20 blues?!
Awesome time! Shocked also that you were so far back in the age group standings with your time?!?! WTH man? You must have a ton of runners out there?
Side note: Point to point marathon is on my list of things to do before I die :)
So glad to hear that none of your pre-race issues met you on the course! Potty stops happen to the best of us, and like the book says, "everybody poops!" ;)
Of the marathons I've done so far, Grandma's is probably my favorite. I love the atmosphere there. Nothing better than reaching downtown Duluth (although I could do without those cobblestones....), and the post-party is fantastic.
Hey Derek, I have to admit, I cheated and looked up your time last night and was SOOO happy for you! I knew you weren't feeling well and running outdoors was minimal but yet you managed to crank out an awesome time! I've had those portapotty problems and had to stop and add minutes to my marathons, too, but sounds like you picked right back up and got moving quickly. And the last few miles are always a struggle...I think you did excellent considering all. You make me want to run that marathon next year. Hum...
AWESOME RACE!! WOOT! Congrats! It must feel so good! The last few miles are always so tough, but you had a blazing time - especially considering that you hadn't run for a month leading up to it! I am psyched for you! WOOT!
Accckkk, looks like eblogger swallowed my comment. Sorry! (I got an error meassage 502 to my email box)
Great race Derek, especially when you have felt so low for the past two weeks. Can you imagine the PR if you had been on top form? Congratulations - fantastic time!
OMG Derek! You did great! That is a finish time to be very proud of especially with all the crap you have been thru with your back and not getting in quality miles over the last 4 weeks. Awesome way to hang tough in those last few miles too!
16 comments:
Woo hoo! Congrats to you with your awesome time:) You did so well for not feeling the greatest on Friday! You rocked it!! I am so bummed that I didn't see you:( I was watching the finish and looking for everyone that I knew was going to be there! Maybe we will do another race together sometime in the future...we will have to plan a place and time to meet at the next race:) Nice job:)
BTW, I thought that it was so warm and everyone was telling me that this years Grandma's was nothing like the previous years! I always seem to overheat:( Did you think that it got hot?
Haha, I couldn't wait to get in today to read your race report!
Man you did awesome despite all the outside factors going against you. Your training paid off and I knew the swimming and spinning you have been doing would more than make up for the lack of running due to the back issues.
When it came down to you it, you manned up and took the bull by the horns man.
Wonder what we can do to kick the mile 20 blues?!
Awesome time! Shocked also that you were so far back in the age group standings with your time?!?! WTH man? You must have a ton of runners out there?
Side note: Point to point marathon is on my list of things to do before I die :)
So glad to hear that none of your pre-race issues met you on the course! Potty stops happen to the best of us, and like the book says, "everybody poops!" ;)
Of the marathons I've done so far, Grandma's is probably my favorite. I love the atmosphere there. Nothing better than reaching downtown Duluth (although I could do without those cobblestones....), and the post-party is fantastic.
Awesome job - congratulations!
What an awesome time! You sure had a lot to overcome between your back pain, being sick, etc. - way to go.
Hey Derek, I have to admit, I cheated and looked up your time last night and was SOOO happy for you! I knew you weren't feeling well and running outdoors was minimal but yet you managed to crank out an awesome time! I've had those portapotty problems and had to stop and add minutes to my marathons, too, but sounds like you picked right back up and got moving quickly. And the last few miles are always a struggle...I think you did excellent considering all. You make me want to run that marathon next year. Hum...
Congratulations!!!! Yay!!!!!!!
what an awesome race for you! after not being in your shoes for 4 weeks I think you kicked it! Way to go!
Absolutely Fantastic!!!! Great Job! I loved the pictures and the race report!
AWESOME RACE!! WOOT! Congrats! It must feel so good! The last few miles are always so tough, but you had a blazing time - especially considering that you hadn't run for a month leading up to it! I am psyched for you! WOOT!
Super fast time! Congrats!
What a great race! You did amazing, I'd just love to see how you run when you aren't sick, lol! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!
Woohoo! Congrats on your race! You did awesome, especially considering all that you had to overcome! I think your time is fantastic! Yeah for you! :)
Great job D! After the last few weeks you have had, I'd say you kicked it! Fast times too. Great race and great report, thanks for sharing!
Hell yeah man. Incredible effort and result given the last little while. Nicely done...
Nioce job - you made it through a lot of issues all the way to the end!!
Accckkk, looks like eblogger swallowed my comment. Sorry! (I got an error meassage 502 to my email box)
Great race Derek, especially when you have felt so low for the past two weeks. Can you imagine the PR if you had been on top form? Congratulations - fantastic time!
OMG Derek! You did great! That is a finish time to be very proud of especially with all the crap you have been thru with your back and not getting in quality miles over the last 4 weeks. Awesome way to hang tough in those last few miles too!
Post a Comment