Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cracked




9 comments:

Sherri said...

You do an amazing job of managing your training and family! I know about kids cracking...and flipping back into the kindest little ones ever! Gotta love em!!! =)

Jon said...

Go with a full sleeve suit. It adds that much more buoyancy and folks complain of chafing around the armpit area on a sleeveless. Of course if you can, try out both before purchasing, for feel and for sizing.

skierz said...

that look is one of someone who cracked alright!!! Good rest strategy, I think sticking to your pre plan is also a great mental training tool as you are training

The Triathlon Rx said...

I have a sleeveless QRoo wetsuit that I really like. Xterra has some good deals though! You're right that for your July races you'll probably be fine... but even in June the water can still be pretty damn cold!!

Matty O said...

Sooo it seems she was more pissed that you took a pic of her cracking?! Haha, times like this I am "glad" we don't have kids :)

I would go full sleeves. The buoyancy is GREAT and our water does not get warm enough for a sleeveless. The other benefit you can do open water swims longer with the full sleeve suit when the temp starts dropping.

We both have full sleeve :)

wendy said...

Good for you for following your rest schedule! Yesterday was hot, I went to the pool, too (ours was not packed however...)

About the wetsuit, I have thought about that one as well. Our swim is in a lake, but in August, we shouldn't need one. Most of our group is wearing a tri suit. Shorts with padding in the seat and a shirt, it goes from swimming to biking to running. I don't have one yet, but am looking. They bought theirs on clearance at Sierra trading post (Orca brand I do believe).

We watched some transitions on YouTube the other day, pretty cool!

Caratunk Girl said...

LOVE that picture. I look like that sometimes.

Re: Wetsuit. I love my Blue Seventy Sleeveless, but I always have to body glide my arms or else it is chafe hell. I was GIVEN a Neosport full suit (after I pulled the trigger on the sleeveless) so now I have two. I like the full a lot, but I get so hot later in the summer swimming, I am thankful for the sleeveless. If I were to buy one? I think I would still go sleeveless.

Bryan said...

D, seriously, I wouldn't worry about a wetsuit. It's not mandatory and my first year of racing, after I found out the one I had was too small, I didn't wear one. The upside is that everyone thinks your a great swimmer when you show up with no wetsuit. Until you start swimming. haha. Again, don't sweat it, go bareback. Wetsuits are overrated.

If or when you do get one, go try them all on. It's a very personal choice. I went through a few until I found one that fit, then I rented another one that felt better. That's the other option, in Ontario they rent suits for $35 to try.

Anyways, wetsuit needs only be optional.

B

B

Bryan said...

BTW, awesome time on the Marathon.

B