Have you discovered the foam roller yet? I find stretching does a good job, but I also add foam rolling after it and it does an even BETTER job. Gets deeper.
Here's to hoping the stretching helps your back! Good luck on your longer runs this weekend, just take them slow. Are you planning on racing Grandma's or just running? I have a couple of friends running the half, I had thought about trying to get in for that as well, but had something else going on, bummer!
Go out at a comfortable pace... after 1-2 miles your back will relax. I have noticed this everytime I screw my back up. Running is the only thing that feels good. Just warning you though, when you STOP running, prepare for a world of hurt.
Stretch that puppy and ice it! This one takes awhile since it is a core muscle and is used everywhere... how are your sneezes?! haha, I would keel over when I sneezed.
Sorry your back is still bothering you so much! I hope it heals quickly and you can still run Grandma's. Have you tried going to a chiropractor? I hate to even suggest it because I hate how chiropractors try to suck you in to their "cult" (at least mine does), but it has really helped me when my back gets bad. I went yesterday and could feel things pop back into place and am already feeling much better . . .
I am so sorry to hear that your back is still bothering you! That has got to be so frustrating. It looks like you got some good advice...hopefully something will work for you and you will be alright to run Grandma's:) My fingers are double crossed for you! Hang in there!
I have chronic back pain, comes and goes, for the past many, many years and I always attribute it to my glute and hamstring...or vise versa. I'm glad yours is starting to feel better, yay!!! An hour of stretching deserves some sort of award...I'm giddy if I've done 10 minutes!
I'm glad you went to the dr. and were able to figure out what the problem was. It sounds like stretching is the key! I'm glad your back is starting to feel a little better!
The cure for any ex Montreal's health related issues? Poutine! Fine a serving of that in Minny and your problems are OVER!!!! Of course, you'll have gained all your weight back in one serving... Hope you're out of the woods soon!
8 comments:
Have you discovered the foam roller yet? I find stretching does a good job, but I also add foam rolling after it and it does an even BETTER job. Gets deeper.
Here's to hoping the stretching helps your back! Good luck on your longer runs this weekend, just take them slow. Are you planning on racing Grandma's or just running? I have a couple of friends running the half, I had thought about trying to get in for that as well, but had something else going on, bummer!
Take my comment for what it's worth.
Go out at a comfortable pace... after 1-2 miles your back will relax. I have noticed this everytime I screw my back up. Running is the only thing that feels good. Just warning you though, when you STOP running, prepare for a world of hurt.
Stretch that puppy and ice it! This one takes awhile since it is a core muscle and is used everywhere... how are your sneezes?! haha, I would keel over when I sneezed.
Postive attitude all the way through it!
Sorry your back is still bothering you so much! I hope it heals quickly and you can still run Grandma's. Have you tried going to a chiropractor? I hate to even suggest it because I hate how chiropractors try to suck you in to their "cult" (at least mine does), but it has really helped me when my back gets bad. I went yesterday and could feel things pop back into place and am already feeling much better . . .
I am so sorry to hear that your back is still bothering you! That has got to be so frustrating. It looks like you got some good advice...hopefully something will work for you and you will be alright to run Grandma's:) My fingers are double crossed for you! Hang in there!
I have chronic back pain, comes and goes, for the past many, many years and I always attribute it to my glute and hamstring...or vise versa. I'm glad yours is starting to feel better, yay!!! An hour of stretching deserves some sort of award...I'm giddy if I've done 10 minutes!
I'm glad you went to the dr. and were able to figure out what the problem was. It sounds like stretching is the key! I'm glad your back is starting to feel a little better!
The cure for any ex Montreal's health related issues? Poutine! Fine a serving of that in Minny and your problems are OVER!!!! Of course, you'll have gained all your weight back in one serving... Hope you're out of the woods soon!
Post a Comment