Hey Derrick - still a heck of a run. What the hell were you thinking starting out at 3pm?? -- you my friend are crazy! I live by the slow running to build base. Last year as I was training for a 50k trail run I followed one of the Hal Higdon plans and he had me running sllloooowwwww. It was mentally exhausting to say the least - but by the time the race rolled around I was ready for it and all the slow running paid of in gold. My aerobic conditioning was better than it had ever been and I maintained a nice pace without going anaerobic, even on the hard ass trails. Stick to it -- you'll be so glad you did!
Even though you ended up cutting your run short, you still did 14 miles! That is awesome! Oh, and my boys LOVE the ice cream truck! They hear the little chime and come running to tell me about it..it's too cute!
Hey - you were in MY hood!! And I still say awesome job on that run. Not only is 14 miles still a solid run, but that humidity was a complete fun suck!!
If that ice cream truck came by my house, I fear I'd empty my savings account and sell my house to eat the entire contents - haha Yea, I'm super frustrated with my heel right now...it is not getting better. Anyhoo...
I'm curious about your long run and HR and pace. I know this HR training is what you're trying to do, and I understand the logic behind it, but does it seems awefully slow to you (pace)??. You run wickedly fast marathons and though I fully understand your long run is suppose to be slow, but I am just curious if this long run is frustrating you to go SUPER slow?
Thanks for your always very, very kind words on my blog. Email me if you wanna tak in more details about training :) runlikeagirljp@gmail.com
I hope you're having a blast with your sister in town; I bet your girls love it!!
The ice cream truck is the best thing ever. I've already decided that I'll have an ice cream truck at my wedding instead of cake. Enjoy your sister's visit! Training in the heat sucks, the heat will make up for that last 6 miles for sure.
Man like i said before, you have more patience than me. I cannot keep it that slow that long, mentally I would be a train wreck!
I do all my runs at 3:30 or 4... at least I try to. The heat feels amazing to me and I keep telling myself my runs in the cool fall air will be that much easier (I hope).
Your body knows its limits though and you are closing in on race day. Keep up the SMART training :)
10 comments:
Nice run!
Hey Derrick - still a heck of a run. What the hell were you thinking starting out at 3pm?? -- you my friend are crazy! I live by the slow running to build base. Last year as I was training for a 50k trail run I followed one of the Hal Higdon plans and he had me running sllloooowwwww. It was mentally exhausting to say the least - but by the time the race rolled around I was ready for it and all the slow running paid of in gold. My aerobic conditioning was better than it had ever been and I maintained a nice pace without going anaerobic, even on the hard ass trails. Stick to it -- you'll be so glad you did!
Even though you ended up cutting your run short, you still did 14 miles! That is awesome!
Oh, and my boys LOVE the ice cream truck! They hear the little chime and come running to tell me about it..it's too cute!
Hey - you were in MY hood!! And I still say awesome job on that run. Not only is 14 miles still a solid run, but that humidity was a complete fun suck!!
If that ice cream truck came by my house, I fear I'd empty my savings account and sell my house to eat the entire contents - haha Yea, I'm super frustrated with my heel right now...it is not getting better. Anyhoo...
I'm curious about your long run and HR and pace. I know this HR training is what you're trying to do, and I understand the logic behind it, but does it seems awefully slow to you (pace)??. You run wickedly fast marathons and though I fully understand your long run is suppose to be slow, but I am just curious if this long run is frustrating you to go SUPER slow?
Thanks for your always very, very kind words on my blog. Email me if you wanna tak in more details about training :)
runlikeagirljp@gmail.com
I hope you're having a blast with your sister in town; I bet your girls love it!!
Great Job. The heat has seemed worse this summer in the midwest than I can remember.
June was terrible. It is usually humid but the heat doesn't get kicking until July. Not this summer.
It has been unbelieveable. Maybe I'm getting old.
The ice cream truck is the best thing ever. I've already decided that I'll have an ice cream truck at my wedding instead of cake.
Enjoy your sister's visit!
Training in the heat sucks, the heat will make up for that last 6 miles for sure.
Smart to pack it in I reckon, no worries. It's what your body wanted.
great run in the heat! and lucky you the iPod stil working!
Man like i said before, you have more patience than me. I cannot keep it that slow that long, mentally I would be a train wreck!
I do all my runs at 3:30 or 4... at least I try to. The heat feels amazing to me and I keep telling myself my runs in the cool fall air will be that much easier (I hope).
Your body knows its limits though and you are closing in on race day. Keep up the SMART training :)
Post a Comment