Cherry and blue Icees? Jealous!!! I remember the days I took all my kiddos to the pool every...single...day. Now I have to pull teeth to get them to go (yet I still get to pay the HOA dues!!). Sounds like a great plan for the long run...I also remember the days I had to squish in that long run when my twins were tiny. Every morning I'd get up before my husband had to go to work and I'd run and run and then I'd so tired by lunch time and had to bribe them with jelly beans to go take a nap in their cribs .. and when they did, I'd crash for an hour. And I was YOUNG then. Ha. Have a great weekend with your sister....and ok, so we're in for Pikes Peak together next year, ok?? ;)
D, don't judge your run by miles, judge it by time. That way you'll get back in time. I haven't run miles since my comeback, it's a much more civilalized way to go. And if you are doing time and you know you're back half is going to be slower, turnaround earlier on an out and back.
Keep up the good work and 4 am, WOW. That's why you're doing so well, you're committed. Keep up the good work.
D- If you don't mind, send me a quick email (on my profile) telling me about this HR training your doing. I'd like to use something like that for the Des Moines half marathon I'm doing.
I have heard and read lots of good things about heart rate training, but am totally clueless about it. I think the heart rate monitor for my garmin is still in the package . . .
Dude, you have patience of steel. Tried the HR training for 2 weeks and bailed. Couldn't handle going that slow on my serious workout days...
I know there are benefits, but I am young I guess and willing to make the mistakes to learn.
If you get up early to run, stretch like there is no tomorrow and do some short cardio or a quick jog to warm up... nothing worse than rolling out of bed and hitting pavement!
6 comments:
Cherry and blue Icees? Jealous!!! I remember the days I took all my kiddos to the pool every...single...day. Now I have to pull teeth to get them to go (yet I still get to pay the HOA dues!!). Sounds like a great plan for the long run...I also remember the days I had to squish in that long run when my twins were tiny. Every morning I'd get up before my husband had to go to work and I'd run and run and then I'd so tired by lunch time and had to bribe them with jelly beans to go take a nap in their cribs .. and when they did, I'd crash for an hour. And I was YOUNG then. Ha. Have a great weekend with your sister....and ok, so we're in for Pikes Peak together next year, ok?? ;)
Wow...4am runs, that is dedication to both your family and training! I never know how parents can train...much respect to you and your wife!
D, don't judge your run by miles, judge it by time. That way you'll get back in time. I haven't run miles since my comeback, it's a much more civilalized way to go. And if you are doing time and you know you're back half is going to be slower, turnaround earlier on an out and back.
Keep up the good work and 4 am, WOW. That's why you're doing so well, you're committed. Keep up the good work.
B
D- If you don't mind, send me a quick email (on my profile) telling me about this HR training your doing. I'd like to use something like that for the Des Moines half marathon I'm doing.
I have heard and read lots of good things about heart rate training, but am totally clueless about it. I think the heart rate monitor for my garmin is still in the package . . .
Dude, you have patience of steel. Tried the HR training for 2 weeks and bailed. Couldn't handle going that slow on my serious workout days...
I know there are benefits, but I am young I guess and willing to make the mistakes to learn.
If you get up early to run, stretch like there is no tomorrow and do some short cardio or a quick jog to warm up... nothing worse than rolling out of bed and hitting pavement!
Post a Comment