Yes, speed is tough haha! It makes you throw the towel in (as you found out) a lot quicker than you ever imagine. We always did interval training 2 times a week for XC. Really picked up our race times.
I am trying to get back into it as well with my self induced 5min mile challenge. This will force me back into interval training :)
Keep it up man, stick to the plan, I need to see your results before I try it HAHA!
Speed work is my favorite thing to do and your post just made me realize how much I miss my track day workouts -- It was replaced with Master's swimming. I start the "Build" portion of my training plan next week and the workout intensity levels are being increased and I cannot wait.
Dude, sounds like you have a really good group to do the OWS with - that is so cool!
I might be the only person who has yet to see Inception -- need to get on this stat.
Haven't seen that movie - it has a plot so most likely I'd be lost ;). Hang in there with the speedwork, it will come. I was at the gym today and thought about you cuz I was on that dumb stairmaster and my HR was soring through the roof and I wished I had my HR strap to find out what mine was. Why can't I remember to put it in my bag BEFORE I leave for the gym??!!!
9 comments:
Yeah, speed kicks my butt too, but it does improve your fitness! Just be careful of injury, it increases your chances of that as well!
I am jealous of you having a group to OWS with!
Loved inception. :)
Yes, speed is tough haha! It makes you throw the towel in (as you found out) a lot quicker than you ever imagine. We always did interval training 2 times a week for XC. Really picked up our race times.
I am trying to get back into it as well with my self induced 5min mile challenge. This will force me back into interval training :)
Keep it up man, stick to the plan, I need to see your results before I try it HAHA!
Inception was out of this world! Nice workouts!
Sped work is my achilles! Running until you feel like you are going to puke is tough no matter where your head is at! Way to go! IMWI, see you there!
Speedwork is tough but it's the only way to get faster (besides peeing in your tri-shorts).
Speed work is my favorite thing to do and your post just made me realize how much I miss my track day workouts -- It was replaced with Master's swimming. I start the "Build" portion of my training plan next week and the workout intensity levels are being increased and I cannot wait.
Dude, sounds like you have a really good group to do the OWS with - that is so cool!
I might be the only person who has yet to see Inception -- need to get on this stat.
Speedwork is touhg, I only wish my body could handle it as many times a week as it used to. I liked inception, I bet it was even better on IMAX.
yeah... speedwork is the dark side of HR training... it gets you most times. But once used, you'll be an addict
Haven't seen that movie - it has a plot so most likely I'd be lost ;). Hang in there with the speedwork, it will come. I was at the gym today and thought about you cuz I was on that dumb stairmaster and my HR was soring through the roof and I wished I had my HR strap to find out what mine was. Why can't I remember to put it in my bag BEFORE I leave for the gym??!!!
Post a Comment