Sunday, August 15, 2010

8 year old and Return to Speed

11 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday to Em!

Triathlon wasn't on my radar a year ago either . . . in fact, I swore I would never do one because I couldn't swim. Funny how much a year can change things!

valen said...

WOW!, is the HR in the spin session part of your HR training plan?. Amazing!

Jon said...

Just wait till this time next year, future Ironman!

Johann said...

Happy Birthday to Em! They grow up extremely fast. Time also flies when you are training for your next goal. You’ve come a long way since your first marathon.

skierz said...

I'll bet it has been one of the funnest years you can remember from a training perspective?! And just think 12 months from now you will be that much stronger and ready for the big one! Wahoo!

Caratunk Girl said...

Loved this because I remember last spring I thought I wasn't interested in triathlon....then I did a sprint randomly and thought, well, that is cool, I did one, now I can said I did it, done with that...then signed up for 2 more + an oly dist...after finishing my OLY distance last year, I thought - I would never do anything longer than that - then signed up for Timberman like a month later....Then IMLP after that...what is wrong with us?? :)

I wish I had a spin class nearby, I am sure it would be awesome...

Matty O said...

Have thought about spinning classes over this winter to get my cadence up. I think it will make me a lot stronger and faster on the bike.

Awesome that you could see your improvement in one year's time. Great job D!

Aimee said...

Yay! Happy birthday to your daughter! :)
Isn't it amazing to look back and see how far you've come? Just imagine what it will be like in the future when you're gearing up for your Ironman! Wow!

The Triathlon Rx said...

Ohhhh Giordi. Does he still do that 1st floor/2nd floor/3rd floor "to the rooof!!" song? Hahahah!!

You should definitely come take EJs class with me this winter. It's Thursday eve. at 6, and Saturday am 9:30. Just all around high energy, and definitely a good workout!

wendy said...

I haven't been to ValleyFair in ages! What a fun Birthday outing, Happy 8th Birthday to Emily! It is amazing how much can change in a year. I also wasn't thinking triathlon a year ago either. So glad I am now though : ) Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Great to see you too Derek! Definitely mix Giordi back into your routine, he's one of my favorite instructors! Also, if you haven't been to EJ (as suggested by Dr. TriRunner), you should definitely hit up his classes as well. I can guarantee both of these instructors will motivate you and push your limits every time! And... push up your AT, expand your zone 3, and increase your overall fitness!