As a newbie Triathlete I seem to always have my eye on the clock! Get coffee, get showered, get dressed ...
This is awesome and I am going to implement this into everyday life. Everything will be done faster and treated like a Tri. efficiency breeds productivity! ie:
Shower as quick as I can (Swim); dry off and put on clothes (T1); Drive to work as fast as legally possible (Bike); Eat Lunch Quickly (T2); Leave work and get home as fast as possible (Run). See just treat everything you do as a race and you'll really just be adding extra training throughout the day! This is brilliant Derrick! Going to have to log these online and compare daily times!!!
We're all out of whack going back to school and getting into the groove of a new schedule. You will do it, cuz you know you can and you know it's important!! It's how we exist, right??
Your wife looks like she's afraid of the fishies. :)
You're making my 1-mile swim/week look pathetic...and I struggle to get that 1 mile (one day) in. Nice job with all, Derek, very nice!!
Have you done any research on wetsuits? I am so confused and have NO IDEA of what to look for! Not sure what brand is best or what exactly I will need. Talk about being a newbie! I am looking forward to seeing what you end up getting.
How is your marathon training going? Mine is a joke right now. I am hoping to still be there, but it will be a run/walk for me for sure. Oh well, that darn triathlon training was just so much fun! The marathon kind of took a back seat.
Having kids, working full time and training is a huge juggling game, I could never do it and have mad respect for those who do! That's why I try not to complain so much about my schedule...it's just me! Kudos to being a dad, husband and athlete.
D, that's always the tough part about holidays or something that breaks your regular routine, it takes a while to get in the groove. It sounds like today was a good start. Nice sessions.
9 comments:
As a newbie Triathlete I seem to always have my eye on the clock! Get coffee, get showered, get dressed ...
This is awesome and I am going to implement this into everyday life. Everything will be done faster and treated like a Tri. efficiency breeds productivity! ie:
Shower as quick as I can (Swim); dry off and put on clothes (T1); Drive to work as fast as legally possible (Bike); Eat Lunch Quickly (T2); Leave work and get home as fast as possible (Run). See just treat everything you do as a race and you'll really just be adding extra training throughout the day! This is brilliant Derrick! Going to have to log these online and compare daily times!!!
We're all out of whack going back to school and getting into the groove of a new schedule. You will do it, cuz you know you can and you know it's important!! It's how we exist, right??
Your wife looks like she's afraid of the fishies. :)
You're making my 1-mile swim/week look pathetic...and I struggle to get that 1 mile (one day) in. Nice job with all, Derek, very nice!!
Have you done any research on wetsuits? I am so confused and have NO IDEA of what to look for! Not sure what brand is best or what exactly I will need. Talk about being a newbie! I am looking forward to seeing what you end up getting.
How is your marathon training going? Mine is a joke right now. I am hoping to still be there, but it will be a run/walk for me for sure. Oh well, that darn triathlon training was just so much fun! The marathon kind of took a back seat.
Have a great one : )
Nice job man. The running is really coming along too. Glad you figured out the stretching to heal those issues!
Good luck with your marathon training!!!
Having kids, working full time and training is a huge juggling game, I could never do it and have mad respect for those who do! That's why I try not to complain so much about my schedule...it's just me!
Kudos to being a dad, husband and athlete.
tricky how life always gets in the way of that clock.
I have a hard time fitting in all my workouts if I don't get up early in the morning . . . too much stuff gets in the way after 8:00. Nice numbers!
D, that's always the tough part about holidays or something that breaks your regular routine, it takes a while to get in the groove. It sounds like today was a good start. Nice sessions.
B
Say WHATT?? ONE outside bike? C'mon.. way too nice for that! I say we do a fall "leaves ride"! You in?
Post a Comment