Good to hear the running is going well and cool that you won the pool. The BEST and cheapest investment to get speed on the bike is an aero helmet, not sure if you have one.
D, I just finished catching up on all your blogs, I can't stop smiling, your like me, I can feel the race pressure your putting on yourself. Eating, irratable, sore back. haha. Don't sweat it, you're going to kick a$$ this weekend. Can hardly wait. I see a pb in your near future.
Yeah...and good call on trading in that run for a swim. Hope your back sorts itself out soon...that'll teach you for crashing on the couch!
As for having no support...don't sweat it. Out of all the runs I've done over the past 4-5 years...this was their second. My wife tried the firsst time years ago and I ended up screaming at 17km of a half that she was taking pictures of the wrong dude. what a mess. the 'real' support comes from their tolerance for my training.
I will say, a friendly face refreshes me in the race. Something about it just drops all the thoughts and pressure and its just like, a real reality check. I don't know, I like the support though.
As for the ipod nano 6g... read my blog. Just got one. Not sure I like it cause I cant change the songs easily without looking at the damn thing and pressing down on the screen. It also does not change all the time. Just saying if you change songs a lot like I do it is a major switch. If you set up playlists or podcasts, you are golden.
Smart move on the swim. Really, I think swimming is the best cross training out there, no impace and it somehow refreshes everything.
Good work man. Take a couple breathes and breath. Don't pressure yourself at all. If it's your day it's your day, it will wall fall into place. Mile 20 won't even exist and you will be sprinting through the finish!
Oh MAN I am jealous over that cash win!! I'd be lying awake at night just thinking about what I would use it for (and NOT my daughter's college tuition 0 ha!). One thing I'd get is my son a new iPod Touch - his was stolen at the last track meet; I JUST bought it for his birthday too and I don't have the cash to get him a new one. I feel bad. So feel free to chip in to Ryan's iPod replacement fund, if you wish. Haha. Anyway, I think you need to buy something special for yourself after you BQ!!!!!!! Yes, you CAN!!!!
You may have noticed while working the bike course that I was the ONLY person without race wheels at IMWI. I'm also the ONLY person in the world without an Ipad. I need to win $$$ so I can fix those problems!
Good job on the golf pool! That is some good free toy money! the wheels would be an awesome long term invest, but then again, win it next year and you can get them. in the mean time a lot of new gadgets! Keep on the plan, the swim is an amazing way to get a workout when the rest feels broken.
Congrats on the win - I love the shopping spree idea myself...on tri gear!! OR put it towards an entry fee fund for 2011. I think I need to open a separate account.
14 comments:
Good to hear the running is going well and cool that you won the pool. The BEST and cheapest investment to get speed on the bike is an aero helmet, not sure if you have one.
Good luck on your race this weekend. Kick butt.
B
D, I just finished catching up on all your blogs, I can't stop smiling, your like me, I can feel the race pressure your putting on yourself. Eating, irratable, sore back. haha. Don't sweat it, you're going to kick a$$ this weekend. Can hardly wait. I see a pb in your near future.
B
I would go for the shopping spree too. Enjoy!
Glad the back is feeling better after your swim. I'm hoping to swim Wednesday morning.
Yeah...and good call on trading in that run for a swim. Hope your back sorts itself out soon...that'll teach you for crashing on the couch!
As for having no support...don't sweat it. Out of all the runs I've done over the past 4-5 years...this was their second. My wife tried the firsst time years ago and I ended up screaming at 17km of a half that she was taking pictures of the wrong dude. what a mess. the 'real' support comes from their tolerance for my training.
I will say, a friendly face refreshes me in the race. Something about it just drops all the thoughts and pressure and its just like, a real reality check. I don't know, I like the support though.
As for the ipod nano 6g... read my blog. Just got one. Not sure I like it cause I cant change the songs easily without looking at the damn thing and pressing down on the screen. It also does not change all the time. Just saying if you change songs a lot like I do it is a major switch. If you set up playlists or podcasts, you are golden.
Smart move on the swim. Really, I think swimming is the best cross training out there, no impace and it somehow refreshes everything.
Good work man. Take a couple breathes and breath. Don't pressure yourself at all. If it's your day it's your day, it will wall fall into place. Mile 20 won't even exist and you will be sprinting through the finish!
Oh MAN I am jealous over that cash win!! I'd be lying awake at night just thinking about what I would use it for (and NOT my daughter's college tuition 0 ha!). One thing I'd get is my son a new iPod Touch - his was stolen at the last track meet; I JUST bought it for his birthday too and I don't have the cash to get him a new one. I feel bad. So feel free to chip in to Ryan's iPod replacement fund, if you wish. Haha. Anyway, I think you need to buy something special for yourself after you BQ!!!!!!! Yes, you CAN!!!!
good move going to the pool!, and good on you for the shopping spree!, well deserved.
please tell me your daughter disn't beat you [your back] with that broom-ish [?] stick?! Well unless you deserved it.
You may have noticed while working the bike course that I was the ONLY person without race wheels at IMWI. I'm also the ONLY person in the world without an Ipad. I need to win $$$ so I can fix those problems!
Good job on the golf pool! That is some good free toy money! the wheels would be an awesome long term invest, but then again, win it next year and you can get them. in the mean time a lot of new gadgets! Keep on the plan, the swim is an amazing way to get a workout when the rest feels broken.
Hi Derek,
Take care of that back!
OMG, TC is just a few days away! Are you getting excited? Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be perfect weather for all of the runners:)
Congrats on the win!
You could go 50/50, save half and spend half...but I agree, a shopping spree would be so much more fun!
Houston we have a double comment-ER.
But I just had to say thank you for the awesome song recommendations. loving them!!!
Good luck this weekend!
Congrats on the win - I love the shopping spree idea myself...on tri gear!! OR put it towards an entry fee fund for 2011. I think I need to open a separate account.
Post a Comment