Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Park: a diversion post





7 comments:

Betsy said...

They are getting ready for you!!! I saw all of the marathon start gates lined up along my parking ramp on 6th street this morning when I came in to work!

Jon said...

Wow you live in a nice location!

Emz said...

YAY for your park! YAY for you.

Awesome Dad. there's something about going to the park with your dad that was way better than going to the park with your mom.

Kids remember this crap. Especially girls. We love our Dad just a little differently.

You're awesome.

Love the phone picture. ;)

Heather said...

What a great park - lucky to have it within walking distance! Sometimes I hate living in the middle of nowhere!

Jill said...

My daughter leaves half empty cans of Diet Coke or bottles of tea all over the place - drives me INSANE!! You'd think that an almost 20-yr old would "get it" by now but no such luck.

I love your pictures of the park, they remind me of when my kiddos were little and we'd venture down to the neighborhood park. The HOURS I used to spend down there (and the pool, which they rarely use). Seems like another life ago. Sometimes I catch myself, in our rat-race of life, wondering what I'll do in a mere few years when they're all gone. Maybe a puppy :).

You're very blessed to have such a beautiful family! And yes, you will need a bathroom for EACH of those girls. Hehe

Christina said...

Hey good luck in your marathon on Sunday!! I'll be out there cheering my head off (if I live through the 10 mile). :) It's going to be perfect marathon running weather! I'll be out there cheering, I'll try and spot you out of the masses!
You'll do GREAT!
~Christina

Julie said...

Hi Derek,
Wow, that is a super nice park that you have there! My little guy would go nuts:)

I will be there a little before you...I will be the one smiling and looking really nervous:) I will look for you. Holy crap Derek! We are running a marathon on Sunday!!!!