I'm not even going to sit around and wait for a follow-up post on this. I'm runnin' out right now to pick up some of that stuff. "Immunity Booster: helps to detoxify and boost immune system"...I'm all over that sh**. How much for a case?
We have two of those Naked boxes in our fridge, for a couple of weeks now, for some reason we haven't tried them. Tonight's the night - I'll just mix it into my daiquiri to make sure I appreciate the coconut taste.
I tried it once, but they've been calling out to me from the shelves at the store. You've just put some money on the bottom line of the coconut industry, I'll give it a shot for a week to see what happens.
I almost barfed up my banana I'm currently munching on when I read you hate bananas - that's like the worst sin of all athletes, isn't it?? Glad you found an alternate; I do think the potassium and magnesium are two very important ingredients for endurance junkies. But I love coconut so may try to pick some up, just to try. Heck, anything to make me feel good :). Thanks for the info. Any idea how many calories??
I've never tried coconut water before, but have thought about it. I have never seen it at the grocery stores around here - I'll have to pick some up in the cities!
I'm a fan of the coconut water. We sold the Naked brand at my restaurant this year, and once it became "trendy" it was selling like crazy! I would love to get some athletes in the lab and actually do some testing comparing it with your standard carb+electrolyte sport drink...
I'd love to meet this Charlie fellow... he lives on the other side of my lago and I'd love to pick his brain a bit! Would it be weird if I asked you to make the connection?
In Costa Rica we drink it straight from the Coconut. Cut off the top of a green coconut with a machete and stick in a straw. They are sold on EVERY corner. One trip we drank so much of it the sight of it make me nauseous.
The cavity is filled with coconut water, which is sterile until opened. It mixes easily with blood, so for this reason it was used during World War II in emergency transfusions
20 comments:
Never ever ever heard about this stuff?!?!
PLEASE follow up with a post on if you noticed anything. I am very intrigued.
Will email you bout the HEED stuff... curious.
Yea, I've never heard of this! But let us know what you think of it after the marathon...ya might be on to something!
I'm not even going to sit around and wait for a follow-up post on this. I'm runnin' out right now to pick up some of that stuff. "Immunity Booster: helps to detoxify and boost immune system"...I'm all over that sh**. How much for a case?
We have two of those Naked boxes in our fridge, for a couple of weeks now, for some reason we haven't tried them. Tonight's the night - I'll just mix it into my daiquiri to make sure I appreciate the coconut taste.
I tried it once, but they've been calling out to me from the shelves at the store. You've just put some money on the bottom line of the coconut industry, I'll give it a shot for a week to see what happens.
My bf hates bananas too...I don't get it!!! I'm surprised that you can get coconut water at holiday now!
I don't know about this at all and will have to see if it is available in South Africa. I also hate bananas.
Thanks for the follow up Derrick. Going to get some this afternoon!
Wow, I think I'm going to try some. After Kona. haha
B
I remember trying coconut water after a race. I was so wiped and hungry that I could have eaten chocolate covered snails! haha!
I am so boring. I just stick to water.
I almost barfed up my banana I'm currently munching on when I read you hate bananas - that's like the worst sin of all athletes, isn't it?? Glad you found an alternate; I do think the potassium and magnesium are two very important ingredients for endurance junkies. But I love coconut so may try to pick some up, just to try. Heck, anything to make me feel good :). Thanks for the info. Any idea how many calories??
I swear by it when I can get it!
It really seems to help, and when I drink it consistantly I can cycle hard and fast. Hopefully it will work the same way for running :)
So I'm NOT the only addicted one?!
That photo is awesome.
Love it.
I will have to try that coconut water. Maybe with some rum?? ha ha
I have heard good things about it but just haven't tried it yet. You are pushing me over the edge to give it a go!
You don't like bananas??? I don't like banana flavored things, but I do like bananas...huh.
Cute picture of the girls!
I've never tried coconut water before, but have thought about it. I have never seen it at the grocery stores around here - I'll have to pick some up in the cities!
I am a huge fan of coconut anything! I must try this stuff:)
Cute picture of all of the girls walking into the school sporting their very cool back-packs:)
I love coconut water and used it for both legs of my triathlon this summer. I especially like it mixed with pineapple. Very good stuff!
Shhhhh for real.
Your secret is safe with me.
Signed,
E.T.
Now go kick some a$s.
I'm a fan of the coconut water. We sold the Naked brand at my restaurant this year, and once it became "trendy" it was selling like crazy! I would love to get some athletes in the lab and actually do some testing comparing it with your standard carb+electrolyte sport drink...
I'd love to meet this Charlie fellow... he lives on the other side of my lago and I'd love to pick his brain a bit! Would it be weird if I asked you to make the connection?
In Costa Rica we drink it straight from the Coconut. Cut off the top of a green coconut with a machete and stick in a straw. They are sold on EVERY corner. One trip we drank so much of it the sight of it make me nauseous.
The cavity is filled with coconut water, which is sterile until opened. It mixes easily with blood, so for this reason it was used during World War II in emergency transfusions
Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment