Monday, September 6, 2010

Unstuck


7 comments:

Matty O said...

Nice mileage man. I know the feeling with just wanting to let the legs go. You will be fine for the race. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to hit a certain time goal though. This is where I have erred a lot in my running. I need to run the race my body wants to run, not what I want to run. I am learning this just now haha.

Also, I swear by hammergels. They don't get me sick and they don't have the crash that GU would give me. They are a steady energy boost I have noticed. Interested to see how you do with the Hammergels over a few runs.

Good luck man, keep up the good work!

KovasP said...

Sounds like a great weekend and good choice to delay the run until Sunday.

Johann said...

Wow, that is a good pace for a long run like that on your own! I’m also experimenting with GU and Hammer gels and don’t know if there is any difference for me yet.

Bryan said...

D, if you're not already, you may want to start putting in one speed work session a week as part of you're prep. It will help your speed and give you a ego boost.

B

Heather said...

Nice negative split for the long run!

Jill said...

Funny, as you were leaving me a blog comment, I was thinking about you and swimming and how I hope this new direction is right for me for a couple weeks....I may need to pick your brain a bit - I'm mentally struggling.

Anyhoo...I was pleased to read about your upped pace for the last long run you did. I understand the concept of the lower HR thing, I've read that article you sent me about 4000 times along with countless others on the subject, but I just gotta think that a pace run, or pace run in the middle of a base pace run is just a HUGE confidence booster!
You can do it
You can do it
You can do it
You CAN do IT!!!!!!!

I know you can do it. You take that run slow at the start. You do not get crazy cuz you feel good and try to bank some time. Maybe a few seconds, but not a lot. And you have a plan and you execute it to a T. No deviations, not excuses, no time-outs. You just do it!

Oh, and I LOVE Hammer gels, my stomach likes them so much better than GU. Actually what works great for me the last half of a marathon is Perpetum, but you gotta supersatuate it andcarry it in a little bottle. I use a shirt with a zip pocket in the back...anyway, just a thought if you like Hammer products. It really fuels tired legs!!

I love your girls playing tennis :).

Maria said...

Nice mileage, if you ever find yourself running extra miles, you can just send those miles my way so I don't have to run as many!