Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Slip



10 comments:

Quinton J said...

Crazy how far we come wthout realizing.
I remember where I was and who I was talking with when I said: "You're f&$*ing crazy! I CAN'T run 10k"

Cute shot of the kids...looks like they found another way to get their heart rates up;)

Matty O said...

Yeah man, it is funny to think back. Sometimes I laugh pretty hard about how I thought and what I thought.

Kids are awesome. In their minds it is the best time of their life, in ours... ugh what a mess, what were they thinking!

Maybe we think too much???

Good job on the eating. I am right behind you this week. Time to get my crap in gear. Curious about the no dairy... don't think I could do it, love my cereal for breakfast!

Jon said...

After dinner I brush my teeth. That right there seals the deal. NO MORE FOOD for the night!

Aimee said...

I totally laughed when I saw that pic of your girls b/c my boys do the exact same thing. They get all of their stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets out and make a huge pile. Like you, at first I tend to focus on the "mess," but then I remember how much fun it is to roll around in a big pile of stuffed animals! :)

Good job resisting DQ! That's one thing I need to work on more! But, an occasional slip, like you said, isn't a big deal!
Congrats on how far you've come in a year! It truly is amazing to look back and see what you've accomplished!

Emz said...

Completely awesome.

Put on some NIN and get stair climbing!

Betsy said...

can't wait to cheer you on at mile 10...maybe I'll even take a picture and then delete it :)

Couch cushion forts were the best!!!

64 CLASSIC said...

How bout some Streisand?

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Barbra+Streisand:The+Way+We+Were:32564:s1211390.8113522.10821573.0.1.72%2Cstd_b97446ea227b9b53649ca815279fde21

I'm just saying.....

Jill said...

I ran 15 marathons without owning a Garmin, even my first BQ...and now, I still won't wear it during a race. I used runstopable.com quit a bit but I know it wasn't exact (well actually, Mr. Garmin isn't either) so everything was a guesstimate. I still wish I knew more than 4 functions on my Garmin, but that's just my sheer laziness.

I love how your girls are having so much fun!!!! :)

Johann said...

You have come a long way. I think we often don't realize what we achieve over time. I'm still gadgetless after 29 years of running. I think I'll stay Garmin free for now. No need for it. Our living room looks like that often during weekends. Lovely!

Julie said...

I have got to try making my four year old run around our house a few times before bed time to wear him out:) He is so full of energy! I was the same way...my mother swears that I was hyper! Actually, I probably suffered from ADD...for real:) Cute picture of the twins!