That is so awesome!! I wish those guys the best of luck.
Hey, the girls sweeping up the driveway post bath? That would have been a dream come true for my parents. ha ha I hate to wear dresses, always have. My mom got me all dressed up for school one day, and I was so mad about the dress. So I went outside and picked up a snake and MADE IT PEE ON ME!!! By accident. Not kidding. Have you ever smelled snake pee? Pretty gross. Another time I "accidentally" SAT in a mud puddle when she put a dress on me. ha ha Yeah...I was kind of a nightmare if you tried to put a dress on me...ANYWAY, that is so funny about them in the yard, (not for you maybe! ha) reminded me of me a bit...
Cool story Derrick! I get more nervous when my wife and her new-runner friends race than when I do myself. there is something very cool about seeing the emotions and joy that newbies go through!
It's a great feeling knowing that through your ACTIONS you are inspiring people. I mean, you can talk to people about running or fitness till you're blue in the face...but for them to see you and your progress and get up do it for themselves...That's just amazing.
Kevin @ IronByThirty and I have started a new blog 201Ironman for those of us doing an Ironman next year. Since you are eligible, you should join the blog.
I've loved catching up on your blog and that's awesome you have inspired others at work to take the plunge into running! I know you will continue to inspire those around you; Ironman people are just inspriational people. ;) I was a huge fan of the Mt. Horeb support station at IMWI, so thank you for volunteering your time that day and it sounds like it was a great experience for you! I look forward to following your journey to Lake Placid!!
that's great that you have inspired others to run and lose weight. Knowing people are watching me as a sort of example always keeps me honest and motivated for continued training, too.
Just catching up on your prior posts - love the pics of the race course. I had hoped to get in at least one long run down there before the race, but time just got away from me. It will be interesting to see how the course compares to my memory of it (as my 1st marathon) from 2006.
Haha, enjoy that these times when your girls WANT to help and you don't want to bribe them with your life's savings just to do the dishes.
You truly are an inspiration - in so many, many ways. I know I think about you and your journey and how you got to where you are, often!! btw, I DO have plans to go swim tonight...laid the guilt on me for last week. See???
13 comments:
That is so awesome!! I wish those guys the best of luck.
Hey, the girls sweeping up the driveway post bath? That would have been a dream come true for my parents. ha ha I hate to wear dresses, always have. My mom got me all dressed up for school one day, and I was so mad about the dress. So I went outside and picked up a snake and MADE IT PEE ON ME!!! By accident. Not kidding. Have you ever smelled snake pee? Pretty gross. Another time I "accidentally" SAT in a mud puddle when she put a dress on me. ha ha Yeah...I was kind of a nightmare if you tried to put a dress on me...ANYWAY, that is so funny about them in the yard, (not for you maybe! ha) reminded me of me a bit...
it gets so humbling when people refers to one as their inspiration. Congratulations and good luck to them!
HAHAHAHA CG you are a nut! Funny but I can see you doing that too!
D - That is awesome that your co-workers are joining in! Makes for much more fun office talk and I know that this stuff is contagious.
Keep up the good work!
Cool story Derrick! I get more nervous when my wife and her new-runner friends race than when I do myself. there is something very cool about seeing the emotions and joy that newbies go through!
Way to spread the love throughout the office! It's always nice to hear about other people getting started in these sports!
It's a great feeling knowing that through your ACTIONS you are inspiring people. I mean, you can talk to people about running or fitness till you're blue in the face...but for them to see you and your progress and get up do it for themselves...That's just amazing.
I love seeing someone new enter the running or triathlon world!
I'd also LOVE to see someone rebel by doing my yardwork....
That is awesome that you have inspired your coworkers to start working out and be healthier! That must make you feel so good!
awesome that you are inspiring others!
Kevin @ IronByThirty and I have started a new blog 201Ironman for those of us doing an Ironman next year. Since you are eligible, you should join the blog.
http://201ironman.blogspot.com/
I love that you are inspiring others.
Awesome in e v e r y way.
I've loved catching up on your blog and that's awesome you have inspired others at work to take the plunge into running! I know you will continue to inspire those around you; Ironman people are just inspriational people. ;)
I was a huge fan of the Mt. Horeb support station at IMWI, so thank you for volunteering your time that day and it sounds like it was a great experience for you!
I look forward to following your journey to Lake Placid!!
~Christina
that's great that you have inspired others to run and lose weight. Knowing people are watching me as a sort of example always keeps me honest and motivated for continued training, too.
Just catching up on your prior posts - love the pics of the race course. I had hoped to get in at least one long run down there before the race, but time just got away from me. It will be interesting to see how the course compares to my memory of it (as my 1st marathon) from 2006.
Haha, enjoy that these times when your girls WANT to help and you don't want to bribe them with your life's savings just to do the dishes.
You truly are an inspiration - in so many, many ways. I know I think about you and your journey and how you got to where you are, often!! btw, I DO have plans to go swim tonight...laid the guilt on me for last week. See???
Post a Comment