Sorry about your run, but you should be proud of yourself for sticking to it and finishing when you could have easily stopped at your parents and called it quits!
Don't get down your yourself too much. You know this already, but training has high and low cycles. Just remember to listen to your body to avoid injuries.
Look at the bright side, you made it through yet another mental test. Every time you do that, it makes it easier to get through the next.
Way to stick it out and get 'er done! Some days it IS just plain and simple tough! Nice job!!! I have a good friend doing Grandma's, I hear it's a great course!!! :)
D- GREAT JOB! Everyone has these runs and you muscled it out. This says a lot about your character and determination to reach your goals!!!
My XC coach in college always told me, it doesn't matter how you get your miles (whether its one run a day or several runs in a day) just as long as you get them. And you got them!
Your next run will be easier because of this. BTW, I too know the restrooms on my running routes. Stupid stomach issues, do you take GU packs on your runs? I have found that Hammer Gels have done wonders for me.
6 comments:
Sorry about your run, but you should be proud of yourself for sticking to it and finishing when you could have easily stopped at your parents and called it quits!
Good job on the run, way to hang tough and keep the rest of us honest
I've noticed you know where all the washrooms are in your neighborhood, do you have an app for that? haha.
If not, you should create one and maybe even tie it in with a blog, www.runningpitstop.blogspot.com
Don't get down your yourself too much. You know this already, but training has high and low cycles. Just remember to listen to your body to avoid injuries.
Look at the bright side, you made it through yet another mental test. Every time you do that, it makes it easier to get through the next.
Way to stick it out and get 'er done! Some days it IS just plain and simple tough! Nice job!!! I have a good friend doing Grandma's, I hear it's a great course!!! :)
Aimee - thanks, was glad when I finished!
B- LOL! there should be an app for that (there probably already is)
Bret - thanks, with that tough run and now being sick I'm a little concerned about the next few long ones!
Jill - Thanks! Grandma's is a great course! I find it very difficult
have a great week
~Derek
D- GREAT JOB! Everyone has these runs and you muscled it out. This says a lot about your character and determination to reach your goals!!!
My XC coach in college always told me, it doesn't matter how you get your miles (whether its one run a day or several runs in a day) just as long as you get them. And you got them!
Your next run will be easier because of this. BTW, I too know the restrooms on my running routes. Stupid stomach issues, do you take GU packs on your runs? I have found that Hammer Gels have done wonders for me.
Post a Comment