I second the bilateral w/buoy while you're training yourself to breathe that way. It will help you stay balanced, teach you to roll evenly on both sides, and increase your lung capacity. This was the best thing I worked on in the off-season, and now it's second nature.
When swimming, always remember "breath to swim, not swim to breath" (if that makes any sense).
D, play around with the bi-lateral breathing. I used to breath one side, then learnt two sides comfortably and then switched back to one side. The reason I switched back was I found I got "winded" quicker when I was swimming, I just couldn't get enough air into my lungs to go quicker. But everyone kept telling me bi-lateral was better, so I kept doing it. Then that summer was the Olympics and every swimmer I watched breathed out one side. Ahha Moment!!! Since then, I went back to one side. I still do two sides every once and a while, I do like the 2 sided breathing, but I found effort and speedwise I'm going to follow what the pro's do.
B-Thank! I appreciate the tip...I too also get really really winded when doing the every 3 stroke bi-lateral breathe...good to hear someone is doing the one side! I think next week I'll try it again every 4th lap or something ...gives me something to work on.- D
5 comments:
Nice work. I practice bilateral breathing with a pull buoy. It makes it easier when you don't have to concentrate on kicking
I second the bilateral w/buoy while you're training yourself to breathe that way. It will help you stay balanced, teach you to roll evenly on both sides, and increase your lung capacity. This was the best thing I worked on in the off-season, and now it's second nature.
When swimming, always remember "breath to swim, not swim to breath" (if that makes any sense).
Velma - Thanks for the input I appreciate it and will try ....
B - Thanks much love the quote!
D
D, play around with the bi-lateral breathing. I used to breath one side, then learnt two sides comfortably and then switched back to one side. The reason I switched back was I found I got "winded" quicker when I was swimming, I just couldn't get enough air into my lungs to go quicker. But everyone kept telling me bi-lateral was better, so I kept doing it. Then that summer was the Olympics and every swimmer I watched breathed out one side. Ahha Moment!!! Since then, I went back to one side. I still do two sides every once and a while, I do like the 2 sided breathing, but I found effort and speedwise I'm going to follow what the pro's do.
B
B-Thank! I appreciate the tip...I too also get really really winded when doing the every 3 stroke bi-lateral breathe...good to hear someone is doing the one side! I think next week I'll try it again every 4th lap or something ...gives me something to work on.- D
Post a Comment