Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!




9 comments:

Matty O said...

Awesome on the diet. I need to get something going... not yet though haha.

I can't imagine going trick or treating anymore haha, that seems like a LOT of work with 3 kids.

Training wise... depending on my attitude I will ditch the tunes. I ran my marathon in the spring with no tunes until the end... had tons of people to talk to the whole race.

Hope everything is going well.

Quinton J said...

..."a piano recital, two b-day parties for the kids to attend, a rollerskate Brownies party capped with an evening Halloween party for Em"...if THAT'S NOT TRAINING...I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

Jon said...

awesome costumes!

Jill said...

Love the costumes, so adorable :).

I always like to not wear headphones during the first hour or so of a marathon b/c I love to take in all the conversations around me and get a feel for the race. But after that, when I start to get a little tired, I instantly put them on to silence my thoughts. If the IM doesn't allow music, it may be good to start training for it...bring the music to Phoenix and just put it in halfway, as you said.

I think your body DID need a good rest to fight the last of those stubborn germs...now you're ready to go out and be so much stronger :).

Emz said...

3 weeks?! seriously?! I made it 3 hours [non-dairy] today. Seriously. what's the trick. Sorry all my comments are about dairy but I can't freaking do this. I don't "freaking got this".

Betsy said...

Kids looks adorable!

Ditch the headphones! I never run with music. I haven't in about 2 years. It's just like dairy and gluten...once it's gone you won't miss it.

Caratunk Girl said...

LOVE the costumes, they are awesome!!

I don't run with tunes, like I have said before, I like to listen to the voices in my head..ha ha

Really though, I love not having music, I actually tried to run with it and didn't like it, I tried to force it because I thought there was something wrong wtih me....then I gave up and went back to tuneless...so I don't know what to tell you about how to cut the cord except cold turkey. Good luck!

Congrats on 3 weeks dairy free BTW, that is amazing. I am not sure what I would do without cheese in my life. ha ha

Aimee said...

Great Halloween costumes!

About the music, I brought my ipod with me during the Denver RNR marathon, and it was so loud those first 3 miles or so and every time I passed a band that I couldn't even hear my music. But, the funny thing is that even when the bands weren't around, I can't even remember my music I listened to during the race. It's weird, but I just don't remember it. So, I think you would be fine without it. I know they're not allowed in the IM, so maybe it would be good practice to go without!

Julie said...

Hi Derek,
Those costumes are darling! Your girls are so beautiful:)

Damn, you are a rock for sticking with your gluten free/dairy free diet! My hats off to you....my will power sucks:) I need to clean up my diet a little bit. I don't eat crappy but there is always room for improvement!