I can't beleive the nerve of those birds! Dont they realize that Thanksgiving is right around the corner?
Hope you feel better soon.
And NY would be so awesome. It's on my list...I just don't know how I'm going to get there. I may try the lottery or just pay teh tourist fee which includes a hotel. One day.
Dude i have received a flu shot 2x in my life. Within a week of getting those shots I was in an ER getting IV's becuase of the freaking flu. Both times.
I second Jeff's comment minus the ER! I always have some sort of reaction to that damn shot! Not only do I end up feeling like total crap but my arm swells up and hurts for days after! I have to get one because of my line of work. They wanted me to get it a few days after my marathon....I said, "Hell no!" I waited for a week after my marathon. Sure enough I ended up with a small temp and feeling blah!
BTW, I love the new look of your blog Derek! Have a great weekend!
I didn't know you did NYC Marathon for many years!! Or maybe I misread that, you just GO to NY but haven't run it? Sorry, brain fog this morning. You could always qualify to run NYC...I bet you already have, or close if you haven't. You can get there with a half even!
I have to get a flu shot for my work, too, but have avoided it thus far b/c though I've never gotten sick, I just hate the thought of possibly getting sick. Ha. Which is ridiculous cuz what the heck am I training for that I have to be so freaked about??? Um, that'd be absolutely NOTHING. Grr. Glad you're feeling slightly better!! :)
9 comments:
Here's to a quick recovery and a healthy return to training.
How did you shoot?
Hopefully the chest cold will clear up soon! I think you did the right thing by taking it easy an extra day. Chest colds can be pretty tricky.
I like the new layout of your blog by the way! :)
I can't beleive the nerve of those birds! Dont they realize that Thanksgiving is right around the corner?
Hope you feel better soon.
And NY would be so awesome. It's on my list...I just don't know how I'm going to get there. I may try the lottery or just pay teh tourist fee which includes a hotel. One day.
OMGosh . . .
A family of turkeys crossed in front of me on my way to golf today.
That's a sign to not golf. Everyone knows that means golf day will be bad. black cat?! pffsh. whatever.
Dude i have received a flu shot 2x in my life. Within a week of getting those shots I was in an ER getting IV's becuase of the freaking flu. Both times.
Hey I though we were done with golf?
I second Jeff's comment minus the ER! I always have some sort of reaction to that damn shot! Not only do I end up feeling like total crap but my arm swells up and hurts for days after! I have to get one because of my line of work. They wanted me to get it a few days after my marathon....I said, "Hell no!" I waited for a week after my marathon. Sure enough I ended up with a small temp and feeling blah!
BTW, I love the new look of your blog Derek! Have a great weekend!
Hope you feel better soon!
I have not golfed since labor day, it is just off my radar. But this is perfect golfing weather.
Get well soon. You must be really sick if you want to play golf. hahaha
B
I didn't know you did NYC Marathon for many years!! Or maybe I misread that, you just GO to NY but haven't run it? Sorry, brain fog this morning. You could always qualify to run NYC...I bet you already have, or close if you haven't. You can get there with a half even!
I have to get a flu shot for my work, too, but have avoided it thus far b/c though I've never gotten sick, I just hate the thought of possibly getting sick. Ha. Which is ridiculous cuz what the heck am I training for that I have to be so freaked about??? Um, that'd be absolutely NOTHING. Grr. Glad you're feeling slightly better!! :)
Post a Comment