Good call on the tracking. I also record notes on my workouts and set goals based on what I felt or did. Keep going dude you are going to be so ready for this!
I only have one playlist on the shuffle I use for running and it is all 70's rock and early 90's Alternative and a little GnR. BUT on the regular ipod it has tons of girly shit. My wife and I just share an itunes account - so I can always use her as my excuse if I ever get caught shakin' it to some Britney.
I use and highly recommend BeginnerTriathlete.com logs to track all of my workouts. I like it because I can enter in all my gear and add it to worksouts as well. This lets me track mileage on my shoes and also on my bikes. PLUS they are some cool volume graphs so you can compare week-to-week or month-to-month. Something else that is cool is that you can export your training plans into BT and then it lays out all of your trainings for you. KC and Scott both like buckeyeoutdoors, but I have never tried that site.
I am really disappointed that you didn't break out Trent for that AM spin classs. I'm using DailyMile, which, like many other sites, is good and bad. Since I'm getting a Garmin for xmas (ordering it today maybe), I mihgt switch to their site or as Jeff says, use BT.com.
I used to be pretty anal about logging everything, in none other than a Word document *gasp*. I was on DailyMile for a long time but I couldn't keep up with the social-ness of it, it's too much like FB in a sense. Anyhoo, I don't TRI so I'm no help there, but the one the other's are suggesting sounds good. I'm kinda like you, though, I'd really like to hard copy keep track so I could go flip back in microseconds to look up past info and use and compare.
I like your chick playlist :). I need new songs, I'm over the top sick of mine!
That is hilarious about your playlist but I'm sure they were great songs to spin to! :)
I use buckeyeoutdoors and really like it. I used to log on beginnertriathlete.com, but stopped once I found buckey. I think they both offer good services, it just depends on what you want to do with the data.
Seeing as how I used to teach spin, I have some decent playlists on there from old classes. But if they put All Songs on shuffle... and hit, oh, James Taylor's christmas CD or Il Divo... I'd probably get some funny looks. :)
14 comments:
hahahaaha! I wouldn't dare let anyone use my iPod for a class. I listen to strange weird indy rock, not meant for uplifting you! haha!
Nice run volume!
Don't care for pop, but Katey Perry is HOT.
I like the binder idea. I keep all my schedules, gym, training, etc. on the fridge.
Good call on the tracking. I also record notes on my workouts and set goals based on what I felt or did. Keep going dude you are going to be so ready for this!
I only have one playlist on the shuffle I use for running and it is all 70's rock and early 90's Alternative and a little GnR. BUT on the regular ipod it has tons of girly shit. My wife and I just share an itunes account - so I can always use her as my excuse if I ever get caught shakin' it to some Britney.
I use and highly recommend BeginnerTriathlete.com logs to track all of my workouts. I like it because I can enter in all my gear and add it to worksouts as well. This lets me track mileage on my shoes and also on my bikes. PLUS they are some cool volume graphs so you can compare week-to-week or month-to-month. Something else that is cool is that you can export your training plans into BT and then it lays out all of your trainings for you. KC and Scott both like buckeyeoutdoors, but I have never tried that site.
That is great, but hey it shows you are a flexible man (insert yoga joke here.)
I use trainingpeaks.com as a way to track all of that stuff. Seems to work for me.
Way to go on the diet. Nothing like putting your head down and plowing forward.
I always just hit shuffle and go. I have tons of stuff, but the pop is probably limited to Michael Jackson.
I totally agree with Jeff on BT.com
I am really disappointed that you didn't break out Trent for that AM spin classs. I'm using DailyMile, which, like many other sites, is good and bad. Since I'm getting a Garmin for xmas (ordering it today maybe), I mihgt switch to their site or as Jeff says, use BT.com.
I'd take complete silence over some of those artists lol.
As a matter of fact, I do. I do not listen to music while working out, I prefer the conversation with the voices in my head. :)
Oh D Rog you are MOST welcome. LMK if I can help you & your playlist out mid-December.
Holy miles in September! Nice work Derek! Do you like the Yoga class? I might suck it up and big girl up...try a class to see if I like it!
Have a great weekend!
Too funny about the music. I bet the class did enjoy it though.
I used to be pretty anal about logging everything, in none other than a Word document *gasp*. I was on DailyMile for a long time but I couldn't keep up with the social-ness of it, it's too much like FB in a sense. Anyhoo, I don't TRI so I'm no help there, but the one the other's are suggesting sounds good. I'm kinda like you, though, I'd really like to hard copy keep track so I could go flip back in microseconds to look up past info and use and compare.
I like your chick playlist :).
I need new songs, I'm over the top sick of mine!
That is hilarious about your playlist but I'm sure they were great songs to spin to! :)
I use buckeyeoutdoors and really like it. I used to log on beginnertriathlete.com, but stopped once I found buckey. I think they both offer good services, it just depends on what you want to do with the data.
Seeing as how I used to teach spin, I have some decent playlists on there from old classes. But if they put All Songs on shuffle... and hit, oh, James Taylor's christmas CD or Il Divo... I'd probably get some funny looks. :)
Post a Comment