Loved the pic, you guys look really close. Love seeing family stuff on blogs (there is more to triathlon than just hitting the workouts right?!).
YES, YOGA! You will not be disappointed ( I hope ) .
I really clicked with yoga and really like how good my overall body feels after a couple weeks of doing it. Give it a few weeks before you start making up your mind (just like anything else).
Your injury frequency should go down A LOT. My back has been excellent since I started.
Good luck man. Sounds like the plan is going to work well for you. The body needs change. That is the key, master that and you will keep improving.
The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. We tried this with only 1 four year old and that was taxing so 3???? Kudos to you.
Yoga is one of my favorite things to do. I just wish I did it more often because it is great for lengthening the body and become more flexible especially in the hip flexors.
As for strength training my coach has me doing it twice a week. The reps are 12-15 with 30 seconds in between each set and using only 50%-65% of your 1 rep max.
For ex. if you can bench 225 1x then go down to 115 and do it 12-15 times with only 30 seconds in between each one.
I have taken her excercises and combined them into super-setting and it takes me about 35 minutes to do the strength and then I spend about 15 minutes doing core. All done in less than an hour.
Let me know if you want me to forward you my plan.
Great job on the diet. Keep it up and I'll be interested to see how it helps you as I am starting to change my diet a bit as well.
How in the world are you going to go to Chiplote on your new diet? :/
Sounds like things are clicking into place and you're getting ready to get your game plan rolling. I admire your dedication to go to Yoga, it will definitely work for you in so many beneficial ways (that said, I never go - I wish I did but I just can't fit it all in after work and don't have the benefit to do anything at lunch). I do know that when I'm in my very prime of all shape, it's when I go to the gym and do a full body workout 2-3 times/week. We all do what works for each of us.
What an adorable family picture - totally love it!!
Love the photos!! Time to start thinking about the Christmas cards already I guess...
I don't know what it'll take to get me into one of the yoga classes. I *know* I should... I *know* it would be beneficial... I *know* my coach has had it on my schedule at least 1x/week for many many weeks and truthfully I'm yet to do it. I even own TWO yoga mats!! WTH.
Here's to hoping you will rub off on me... because essentially we're paying for it wether we use it or not!
Hi Derek, You seriously have the best looking family:) I think that was such an awesome idea to get the pictures taken by the falls!
Damn! I wish I had the balls to go to a Yoga class:) I really should try it one more time....to see if I am any better than I was 20 years ago. You are inspiring me!
You sound really excited about the new training plan and goals, it's contagious. :) Yoga is awesome, I'm stuck with DVD's in the boonies, but it really is a great addition to the training.
10 comments:
FAMILY PICTURE DAY!
Loved the pic, you guys look really close. Love seeing family stuff on blogs (there is more to triathlon than just hitting the workouts right?!).
YES, YOGA! You will not be disappointed ( I hope ) .
I really clicked with yoga and really like how good my overall body feels after a couple weeks of doing it. Give it a few weeks before you start making up your mind (just like anything else).
Your injury frequency should go down A LOT. My back has been excellent since I started.
Good luck man. Sounds like the plan is going to work well for you. The body needs change. That is the key, master that and you will keep improving.
The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. We tried this with only 1 four year old and that was taxing so 3???? Kudos to you.
Yoga is one of my favorite things to do. I just wish I did it more often because it is great for lengthening the body and become more flexible especially in the hip flexors.
As for strength training my coach has me doing it twice a week. The reps are 12-15 with 30 seconds in between each set and using only 50%-65% of your 1 rep max.
For ex. if you can bench 225 1x then go down to 115 and do it 12-15 times with only 30 seconds in between each one.
I have taken her excercises and combined them into super-setting and it takes me about 35 minutes to do the strength and then I spend about 15 minutes doing core. All done in less than an hour.
Let me know if you want me to forward you my plan.
Great job on the diet. Keep it up and I'll be interested to see how it helps you as I am starting to change my diet a bit as well.
Thanks for sharing.
okay the cutest three girls ever.
love the photos.
Yoga what? You've been talking to Matty-O too much. ;)
How in the world are you going to go to Chiplote on your new diet? :/
Sounds like things are clicking into place and you're getting ready to get your game plan rolling. I admire your dedication to go to Yoga, it will definitely work for you in so many beneficial ways (that said, I never go - I wish I did but I just can't fit it all in after work and don't have the benefit to do anything at lunch). I do know that when I'm in my very prime of all shape, it's when I go to the gym and do a full body workout 2-3 times/week. We all do what works for each of us.
What an adorable family picture - totally love it!!
Minnehaha Falls looks awesome!
Love the family picture!
Love the photos!! Time to start thinking about the Christmas cards already I guess...
I don't know what it'll take to get me into one of the yoga classes. I *know* I should... I *know* it would be beneficial... I *know* my coach has had it on my schedule at least 1x/week for many many weeks and truthfully I'm yet to do it. I even own TWO yoga mats!! WTH.
Here's to hoping you will rub off on me... because essentially we're paying for it wether we use it or not!
Hi Derek,
You seriously have the best looking family:) I think that was such an awesome idea to get the pictures taken by the falls!
Damn! I wish I had the balls to go to a Yoga class:) I really should try it one more time....to see if I am any better than I was 20 years ago. You are inspiring me!
Great family picture!
You sound really excited about the new training plan and goals, it's contagious. :) Yoga is awesome, I'm stuck with DVD's in the boonies, but it really is a great addition to the training.
Love the pictures!!! Keep us updated on the glueten free - I am mostly dairy free.
Ahh yes the dreaded but necessary family pictures.
They look great!
Post a Comment