Monday, October 18, 2010

Adjustment






13 comments:

Heather said...

I've heard that Eau Claire is a good race. My hubby went to college there for his first year - anytime I have walked around there, it has seemed hilly.

If you're looking for an April half, the St. Cloud Earth Day is awesome!

Patrick Mahoney said...

I think I understand your plan for 2011. Is Malibu still on?

Johann said...

Nothing more exciting than looking at one's race plan for the months ahead. Gum issues...I'll probably get there at some stage as well.

Jon said...

I am going super conservative with my race schedule next leading up to Placid. Races = a greater risk for injury and longer recovery times. Every time I think of a race to do, I ask myself, "Is this going to hurt or help Placid?"

Fortunately I have a coach to answer that for me :)

KovasP said...

My kids SO want to learn how to blow bubbles, but they are getting no encouragement from me. Your planning sounds so realistic and commonsensical (I think I just made that up).

Bryan said...

I think your fine about doing only two races. Go big or go home is my motto. And it looks like it's your too. hahaha

I LOVE IT!!!

B

TRI714 said...

Ended up to be an outstanding run. Not having ever done an Iron Man I have no real advise, just stand in awe of the commitment. But two OLY's prior to IM sounds adequate with the running schedule you have and bike miles you will put in.
Kids and gum = pain in the azzzzz. But they are kids and thats the way I have always looked at mine.
I always ask myself, did you do this ? and if so what was the outcome ?
Good luck

Unknown said...

yep, exactly what Jon and Bryan said above ... you are setting yourself up for success at IMLP and that is all you can ask for!

Jill said...

I did three pretty major races in as many weeks last summer (Park City Marathon, Pikes Peak Ascent, and Georgetown 1/2) and then two weeks later did the CO Relay - it was one of the best months alive. Maybe why my foot heel hurts now?? Haha. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has race goals; you know what to do...and Julie's just the gal to get you to some of those halves :).

Love the bubbles!!! I chew gum about 15 times/day so I don't inhale even more than I already do. My jaw really hurts. bleh.

Caratunk Girl said...

One HIM is the only solid thing I have planned other than IMLP, for the reasons Jon & Bryan said...

One thing my coach did tell me is, only pick races leading up to IMLP that are going to HELP you with IMLP, not hurt you or take away from it. She basically told me not to do Sugarloaf Marathon in May, that I could if I wanted to, but it wouldn't be really smart of me... Not sure if that helps or not here? ANYWAY, listen to me blah blah blah

valen said...

I agree with Bryan, it's not bad at all to do the two races b4 IMLP. You won't be overly fatigued or burn out.

Emz said...

Love the pictures!!

You could always still do Tucson marathon 12/12/10?! Just sayin' ;)

Julie said...

Hi Derek,
It is kind of exciting getting plans together for the off season and looking ahead to next year:) You will have to let me know what kind of half you are looking for....easy, challenging..looking to PR? Earth Day is a good one but it is early season so it is good for training. The lake Minnetonka half was where I had my PR:) You should shoot me an e-mail and we can chat half marys.

Cute picture of the girls:) Enjoy it now when they are young. Just saying....once they hit twelve you are totally screwed! The hormones take over and there is nothing you can do. Just kidding, you are going to be fine:) Take care Derek!