Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hunkered in there

10 comments:

Jill said...

I have so many leaves in my backyard! Leaves, you ask, in Colorado?? I have 3 big Cottonwood trees - ugh. Great in the summer for the shade, but what a royal pain, my screens still have cotton stuck in them and these dumb leaves won't all drop until December so I tend to have to do the bulk of raking in the spring - just when my allergies are maxed out. I guess I'm going to have to wear a mask.

Glad to hear you are feeling better - as you know better than anyone on this blog world, rest is key!! :) Leaf raking is definitely a great XT upper body workout!!

Have a great weekend, Derek!!!

Aimee said...

I'm glad the antibiotics are helping! Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon!

I actually like raking leaves, but it IS ALOT of work! Plus, my boys always want to help and then jump in the piles, spreading the leaves all over the place again! It's fun though, and we have a good time!

Johann said...

Take it easy and get better. In the end following doctor's orders is the best. That is a lot of leaves!

Jason said...

Get healthy as you have quite a nice race schedule for next year and don't want to miss or delay any of it.

One of the things I hated as a kid and still do is raking leaves and luckily I don't have to do much of it here in Dallas. One day, one hour and I'm all done with no worries. But I will say the pics of the kids jumping in them looks great.

Julie said...

Wowzer....25 bags of leaves!?! I just have one tree with leaves that still need to drop, otherwise my trees are looking a little naked these days:) My little guy loved jumping in the leaves this year too. Cute picture:)

Take care of yourself and get the rest that you need!

THis morning I ran nine miles with my running group. It wasn't the greatest run ever. I felt like I was pushing it at a 9 to 9:30 pace! What and the heck is wrong with me?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Heather said...

Hope the drugs work fast! Great leaf jumping pics.

The Triathlon Rx said...

Glad you're on the up n' up!!

I'm super torn about the flu shot. Every year I have gotten the shot, I've contracted the "other strain" of the flu. AND felt like crap the day I got the shot. I even chickened out of my scheduled appointment at school to get it!!

BUT, since you're back on board. Spin? Tuesday 6am? :D

valen said...

it's not the antibiotics, it's the bag carrying that cures you

Caratunk Girl said...

Hope you can kick that chest cold, I have had that kind that settles in before, it sucks..

LOVE LOVE LOVE the leaf pictures.

272 days...

Bryan said...

Don't be afraid to take the time off you need or do light training. Sounds like something is kicking your A$$

B