We've got similar schedules for 2011. We are both doing an Oly 7 weeks from IM and an 70.3, 6 weeks from IM.
My only suggestion would be to run the Stillwater Mary extremely easy - like 9:30 - 10:00/mi easy. Or even better run the 1/2 Mary @ Stillwater. Only say this because the recovery time from a full is usually MUCH longer and this is going to be during the end of your Build Phase of training for IMLP. Just something to think about!
I've thought of doing the Birkie, and it's within driving ditance of Chicago, only 480 miles! (Are they kidding?) My wife and I priced putting together one of those inflatable gyms - relatively cheap entry and then they make money hand over fist.
20 guests x 2 girls = TONS of presents. I say next year ask for $$ for college tuition fund :).
I'm jealous over AZ RnR, I bet it would be a blast!! Sounds like things are falling into place for 2011. Jealous over that, too. Goals are good, they keep us focused and driven. No goals (me) keeps us blobby and lifeless!
Come to Sacramento and run the CIM!!! That's my hometown race and it's excellent! Your schedule looks great, I love making out a new calendar of races.
Doing a half three weeks before IMLP is a really good idea.
Becareful about the marathon two months before. As a rule of thumb it takes a day for every mile to recover from a race. If your doing the marathon as a training run, I think your semi-okay, if you go hard, it may be okay, but you're living on the edge. Not that you've ever lived on the edge before. hahaha.
Remember most important thing for next year is to get to IMLP healthy.
13 comments:
We've got similar schedules for 2011. We are both doing an Oly 7 weeks from IM and an 70.3, 6 weeks from IM.
My only suggestion would be to run the Stillwater Mary extremely easy - like 9:30 - 10:00/mi easy. Or even better run the 1/2 Mary @ Stillwater. Only say this because the recovery time from a full is usually MUCH longer and this is going to be during the end of your Build Phase of training for IMLP. Just something to think about!
Overall all though nice schedule!
I've thought of doing the Birkie, and it's within driving ditance of Chicago, only 480 miles! (Are they kidding?) My wife and I priced putting together one of those inflatable gyms - relatively cheap entry and then they make money hand over fist.
I'll be in AZ for the marathon and of course Lake Placid in July! (It's ALMOST time to start training:)
Looks like a great schedule for next year. I think kids parties are tougher than marathons, more like ultras. Have a good week!
I am no help, but it looks like fun! Love me some pump it up
OMGosh we got it in WRITING?! No freaking way.
I'm so excited.
RNR AZ 2011!!
Awesome. just awesome. Bring all your best Katy Perry songs.
20 guests x 2 girls = TONS of presents. I say next year ask for $$ for college tuition fund :).
I'm jealous over AZ RnR, I bet it would be a blast!! Sounds like things are falling into place for 2011. Jealous over that, too. Goals are good, they keep us focused and driven. No goals (me) keeps us blobby and lifeless!
Race schedule looks solid and has motivated me to get mine done now as well.
Wow, that is a great looking schedule! You are going to have several awesome races to look farward to.
Pump it up!! My little guy just went to a party there a few weeks ago. He had a blast:)
Come to Sacramento and run the CIM!!! That's my hometown race and it's excellent!
Your schedule looks great, I love making out a new calendar of races.
My oldest has been to several b-day parties at Pump it Up and he's always had a blast!
I'm doing RnR AZ too! It should be fun!
I think that looks like a great schedule! I really need to work on getting mine together.
Great schedule!! I can't wait to meet you at IMLP!! I have some ideas of my plans, but haven't solidified them yet. Well, except IMLP. :)
Doing a half three weeks before IMLP is a really good idea.
Becareful about the marathon two months before. As a rule of thumb it takes a day for every mile to recover from a race. If your doing the marathon as a training run, I think your semi-okay, if you go hard, it may be okay, but you're living on the edge. Not that you've ever lived on the edge before. hahaha.
Remember most important thing for next year is to get to IMLP healthy.
B
Post a Comment