Monday, November 1, 2010

Picabooo







15 comments:

Jill said...

My Pilot is making some sort of hissing sounds every 10ish seconds - grrr. I need new tires and the daughter's car needs new tires and her windshield wiper is messed up. Just wait until your girls are driving and have cars ;).

Good luck with it all...I so feel your pain!!

btw, interview on Thursday - just found out this afternoon. I'm already very nervous!!

Johann said...

Glad you are feeling better. That is one thing that I don't like about winter...all the sick people around. I've had problems with my swimming pool pump this month and next month is new tires. Always something.

Matty O said...

I try and do as much car work myself. It is mega expensive.

Man those books came fast!

Nice job on the run. Jealous that I can't run for weeks. Living vicariously through you now :)

The Triathlon Rx said...

Bummer about the car work... I'm looking at getting a new (used) car this month and definitely not thrilled about the $$. (although it will be nice to be confident my wheels won't fall off on the freeway...)

Truthfully though, i'd recommend getting a trainer. Especially going into an ironman - you want to be comfortable on your own bike. Just my $0.02 ;)

KovasP said...

Sometimes it's hard to know when to bite the bullet and make the jump to a new or newer car. Nice book ideas.

Unknown said...

Sucks about the car dude.

Hey if you can swing it get a fluid trainer. Check out specials for either the CycleOps Fluid 2 or the Kurt Kinetic Fluid - this time of year you can usualy find some great deals. They are quiet and efficient AND a much better specific workout that spin classes. Spin classes are great for cardio conditioning but nothing beats doing intervals on your own bike on a trainer. Shoot me an email if you have any questions about them - IMO, the trainer is an essential tool for the upcoming IM training.

Betsy said...

You NEED a trainer for IM training!!! You WANT a computrainer but that's not necessary. I love my cyclops fluid trainer. Spin classes are fun but they have you do a ton of stuff that you would never do on a bike. I agree with Jeff...seriously don't try to train for Ironman in spin class! Even when it got nice out I'd still a trainer workout once in awhile because you can get in those good intervals that are hard to get on the roads with stop lights and stuff.

Emily said...

I got a trainer last year. I have to say I positively hate it, it's mind numbingly boring but I think with IM trainign this year I am really going to need it and have to learn to love it. Last year it didn't reallly matter how much time I logged on the bike, but this year it will! I'm planning on mixing up spinning and trainer time to keep myself sane.

TRI714 said...

impressive runs. Unless you can get on a spin bike without other people, you need to maybe even concider Craigslist for a trainer. I seen a Cyclops the other day for $ 60.00 !!!

Emz said...

Apparently, I'm the only one who can't get past the "tranny issues" comment.

A mini van with tranny issues. Reason #4974 I don't have a mini van.

Jason said...

Great job on the 19 miles.

I have a CycleOps mag trainer and hate it and love it. Somedays putting the bike on the rack and driving is not for me so I hook the thing up and ride. It is way tougher then spin class and while it can get boring (like the treadmill) it is almost necessary.

As for cars....I hate 'em. I don't like car payments, don't like upkeep, don't like the insurance. Just a money-sucking 'asset' I had an accident about a month ago and it sucks. What I'm saying is I feel your pain.

Jon said...

Ok with you I can never tell if you ran 19 or biked 19. haha! take that as a compliment. I guess you biked?

My computrainer is showing up next week. I will let you know how I like it once I get it up and running.

Heather said...

I bought a cheap trainer last year ($100) and I really got a lot of use out of it - of course, spin classes aren't an option for me. :)

Sorry about the car trouble - that sucks!

valen said...

I like the way you say it. " I'll want the computrainer" ha ha ha....

Bryan said...

GREAT COVER SHOTS. I especially like the B/W, it looks like a pro shot.

B