Sunday, May 23, 2010

Breakdown and Shut out!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get into IMWI and about your back...bummer! I bet the swimming will help your back a lot. Spend some quality time at the pool; take the pressure off your back. On a lighter note, did you get a pug puppy???

Matty O said...

You have hit a note that is too close to me here.

I have had chronic back pain for years. Do Yoga. NO LIE. Haha, this has been the only thing that has helped me. I had gone to chiropractors for years, and I swear they are a joke compared to proper body alignment through Yoga. Try icing it a bit and take some anti-inflamatories. This may be like a bad nickel for you since you are hard core into your training already though.

From here on out you should focus on your form too. Make sure that when you are running you have proper stride because I would feel each step shoot through my back when I ran.

Keep your head up though, your numbers are crazy good and you have an excellent base to carry you through some recovery workouts!

Bummer on the IMWI... these IM races are pretty crazy... We are going to sign up for one next year. We wanted to start with a HIM and figure out nutrition first... its a long day haha!

Hang in there man!!!

wendy said...

Ouch! Hope your back feel better soon! I agree about the yoga, you might want to try it. Just one more thing to fit into your schedule....

Sorry to hear about not getting into your race. I can't believe how fast some of them fill up!

Cute puppy, love that you drove to Wisconsin to get it : )

KovasP said...

So sorry to hear about your back. I hurt mine this weekend as well, running Saturday, and then probably aggravated it more Sunday doing yardwork. Probably my least favorite injury.

Bryan said...

Sorry to hear about the back. I can visualize your shuffling pain.

I usually get that a couple times a year. In my case, it's usually caused from stressing on something. Then my body gets tight and voila, my back is out. Not sure if it's the same for you or if it got physically hurt landscaping.

Best thing to do is relax and just "smell the roses". Worse thing you can do is put more pressure on yourself for NOT training. Your bodies telling you something.

IMWI, don't sweat it, wasn't meant to be. IMLP, next year with all the other PFG's, and Johan, now that's meant to be.

Keep your head and spirits up, this too shall pass and it will be a distant memory.

B

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Sadly apart from sauna, swim and yoga, I have nothing to suggest.

Touch wood, it is just a strain and will clear up in a few days.

Sorry to hear that you missed your place, maybe that company is legit and you can do it that way.

Nice pug :)

Jon said...

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it heals soon.

Why not go spectate at IMWI this August to get a feel for the race and do a volunteer shift. Then you get first dibs on registering for 2011.

Heather said...

Yikes, sorry about the back pain. Hope it feels better soon.

I like Jon's idea of volunteering at IMWI this year . . . plus I think that would be super inspiring.