Hi Derek, I think you are doing great! I am the biggest slacker of all:) I have not been running or doing much of anything over the past few weeks. I am the biggest slacker! I have not been feeling it. I lost my mojo before the Monster half. I did run two days in a row....I am actually sore:)
I am super impressed that you made it to a Yoga class! Maybe you can inspire me:)
Cute pictures of the girls:) Our Christmas tree will go up next weekend.
It must be the holidays that bring out the slacker in us b/c I am going through the same thing. And the cold, I hate getting out of bed when it is nice and warm under the covers!
I am with you on getting up early this time of the year, its not light out anymore early and its cold, and no matter where we go, its cold and miserable.
It is this time of year for sure! Hang on until the new year and you'll be on it - especially cause you'll have IM lurking in the near future! The best way to do well at IM is to train consistently.
Yesterday I wanted to skip my long run of the week so bad (granted it's only 7 miles these days!) but I remembered my mantra from last year...there's a difference between missed trainings and skipped trainings. I take it easy on myself when I have to miss a training because that's just how life goes some times with work and family and health. Skipping a training is not doing something just cause I don't feel like it & that's not allowed! That got me up from my nap and out on my run yesterday afternoon some how!
This time of year has that effect, but dont burn yourself out forcing through it. Maybe take an activer recovery week, just cut the sessions down to half of what you had planned.
It's better than burning out.
Just a guess anyhow, I don't have much experience with this training thing lol :)
Ok Mr. Drog, AZ is out there calling your name and worse, that illustrious 3:20 - no more long run excuses!!!
I heart me some treadmill, but it is really hard to keep moving on it on a long run. I've done several 20-milers but I always have to have a distraction - like a good movie, or two, plugged in. The iPod works well, too...anything to distract you from going nowhere :). Ya gotta do it, it's a necessity now!!!
The girls hanging ornaments is great, so reminds me of the days when my kids actually wanted to help me instead of me bribing them to help me.
Have a great week!! And get your butt up tomorrow morning!! :)
I think you and I are experiencing the same type of training issues for this PF Chang's marathon! Ugh!! Hopefully we'll both be more into training and getting up early next week! Good job with the 9Miler on the TM though...Anything over an hour is pretty hard for me to do!
Love teh photo of everybody bundled up in teh back seat! So flippin' cute.
And listen...just because you have a cape and wear tights doesn't make you Superman. You let that 22 mile run go and never bring it up again. your mojo will be back before you know it.
11 comments:
Hi Derek,
I think you are doing great! I am the biggest slacker of all:) I have not been running or doing much of anything over the past few weeks. I am the biggest slacker! I have not been feeling it. I lost my mojo before the Monster half. I did run two days in a row....I am actually sore:)
I am super impressed that you made it to a Yoga class! Maybe you can inspire me:)
Cute pictures of the girls:) Our Christmas tree will go up next weekend.
Have a great week Derek!
It must be the holidays that bring out the slacker in us b/c I am going through the same thing. And the cold, I hate getting out of bed when it is nice and warm under the covers!
I am with you on getting up early this time of the year, its not light out anymore early and its cold, and no matter where we go, its cold and miserable.
Hard for lots of folks to hit it early, especially if there is no impending race. Looks like you had lots of family fun!
You are CRAZY for attempting a 22 miler on the DREADmill!
You will get your early morning mojo back!
It is this time of year for sure! Hang on until the new year and you'll be on it - especially cause you'll have IM lurking in the near future! The best way to do well at IM is to train consistently.
Yesterday I wanted to skip my long run of the week so bad (granted it's only 7 miles these days!) but I remembered my mantra from last year...there's a difference between missed trainings and skipped trainings. I take it easy on myself when I have to miss a training because that's just how life goes some times with work and family and health. Skipping a training is not doing something just cause I don't feel like it & that's not allowed! That got me up from my nap and out on my run yesterday afternoon some how!
This time of year has that effect, but dont burn yourself out forcing through it. Maybe take an activer recovery week, just cut the sessions down to half of what you had planned.
It's better than burning out.
Just a guess anyhow, I don't have much experience with this training thing lol :)
Ok Mr. Drog, AZ is out there calling your name and worse, that illustrious 3:20 - no more long run excuses!!!
I heart me some treadmill, but it is really hard to keep moving on it on a long run. I've done several 20-milers but I always have to have a distraction - like a good movie, or two, plugged in. The iPod works well, too...anything to distract you from going nowhere :). Ya gotta do it, it's a necessity now!!!
The girls hanging ornaments is great, so reminds me of the days when my kids actually wanted to help me instead of me bribing them to help me.
Have a great week!! And get your butt up tomorrow morning!! :)
20 on a treadmill. What are you insane man !!??
Family time looked better anyway's. Good for you on the swim. That it where I need to dig and focus.
I think you and I are experiencing the same type of training issues for this PF Chang's marathon! Ugh!!
Hopefully we'll both be more into training and getting up early next week!
Good job with the 9Miler on the TM though...Anything over an hour is pretty hard for me to do!
Love teh photo of everybody bundled up in teh back seat! So flippin' cute.
And listen...just because you have a cape and wear tights doesn't make you Superman. You let that 22 mile run go and never bring it up again. your mojo will be back before you know it.
Post a Comment