Interesting section on your body. To be honest, I feel that way all the time. I constantly tell myself that there is no reason that I should be with these guys (while running) and that I don't belong with them. Then I get pissed and I use that as more fuel. It works for me.
The reason we do belong up there is because we trained to be there. We put the hours in. We made the sacrifices and pushed off "fun" time to get our workouts in. That is why we are up there man.
I like your new winter shoes! I have got to get my butt moving again. I have only been on a few runs these last few weeks! Nice job on all of your training Derek! You are so dedicated:)
Winter shoes...now that is something we don't need here in South Africa. I think most of us see other runners and think they look more like runners than we do. Good luck with your push for 3:20!
cool story. I have also used some Asic gel 1120 for wet runs. Deffinitely not like the Kayanos, but not bad. I have run as far as 10 miles in them. I also found out that to do that again I would need some better sole inserts, which I have purchased. Imagine how I feel at 202 lbs. 185 is my true target, but really don't expect to see that until June/july. Will see what happend when the real double day work outs get fired back up in March. For now it's one strong session a day at least 4-5 days a week. My lunch sessions have gone two 1-2 days a week. P.S. THATS AN AWESOME GOAL !!
I always feel that if you want to see new results, be prepared to try new things in your training. It appears you have made the new, and right, choices - it's going to pay off well in AZ for you!!! You are a runner true and through and you should never doubt that for a second!
Happy Thanksgiving, Derek....well, I'll check back to see if you blog tomorrow...but if not, have a great day with your family!
yeah... 'bout your body. I used to get the same early on. but then I realized that I was probably putting more combined hours of training than the "runners" around me andI should be proud of that.
Love the shoe idea! I think I will pick up some for my husband and I... some how we are still snow free..strange! But its freezing...and the snow will come..and when it does..watch out!
I actually train better in the freezing winters...I think because I don't have mom guilt for not taking the kids to the park! ;)
14 comments:
Interesting section on your body. To be honest, I feel that way all the time. I constantly tell myself that there is no reason that I should be with these guys (while running) and that I don't belong with them. Then I get pissed and I use that as more fuel. It works for me.
The reason we do belong up there is because we trained to be there. We put the hours in. We made the sacrifices and pushed off "fun" time to get our workouts in. That is why we are up there man.
I like your new winter shoes! I have got to get my butt moving again. I have only been on a few runs these last few weeks! Nice job on all of your training Derek! You are so dedicated:)
Cute picture of the girls:)
Take care:)
That's a gangsta way to wear shoes - Q would be proud!
Winter shoes...now that is something we don't need here in South Africa. I think most of us see other runners and think they look more like runners than we do. Good luck with your push for 3:20!
Get that sub 3:20!
Gluten free, eh? What have you instead been eating to get your carbs?
cool story. I have also used
some Asic gel 1120 for wet runs. Deffinitely not like the Kayanos, but not bad. I have run as far as 10 miles in them. I also found out that to do that again I would need some better sole inserts, which I have purchased.
Imagine how I feel at 202 lbs. 185 is my true target, but really don't expect to see that until June/july. Will see what happend when the real double day work outs get fired back up in March. For now it's one strong session a day at least 4-5 days a week. My lunch sessions have gone two 1-2 days a week.
P.S. THATS AN AWESOME GOAL !!
I'm going for 3:15 - let's get our PR's in AZ!!!!
Nice kicks.
Good luck on the PR quest!! You totally will get it. AND you do belong out there because you busted your ass to get there. Just saying.
You can't seriously crave DQ when it's this freaking cold? A mint mocha maybe but not DQ. Brr!!!
PFG.... PFG.... wtf does that stand for? All I can pull up is BFG - Big Friendly Giant - Rohl Dahl books... :)
We sell a lot of the trail shoes getting closer to winter. Keeps that snow out!
p.s. contrary to what Betsy thinks... I can crave DQ *any* time of the year :D
I always feel that if you want to see new results, be prepared to try new things in your training. It appears you have made the new, and right, choices - it's going to pay off well in AZ for you!!! You are a runner true and through and you should never doubt that for a second!
Happy Thanksgiving, Derek....well, I'll check back to see if you blog tomorrow...but if not, have a great day with your family!
Blogger delays me as well, ticks me off, I dont know why either
yeah... 'bout your body. I used to get the same early on. but then I realized that I was probably putting more combined hours of training than the "runners" around me andI should be proud of that.
Love the shoe idea!
I think I will pick up some for my husband and I... some how we are still snow free..strange!
But its freezing...and the snow will come..and when it does..watch out!
I actually train better in the freezing winters...I think because I don't have mom guilt for not taking the kids to the park! ;)
Your a great example of consistency!
Post a Comment