you will see a difference in the pool for sure. I used to be on the swim team in College and we had to shave for meets arms, back, legs..guys chest..and it feels different. I cannot quit coffee. I did it twice for pregnancies but other then that I allow one nojn fat latte per day. I miss the REAL winters...all of it. I know crazy right?
Fingers crossed we only get 6 to 8 inches. They are forecasting 14-16. :-/
The picture with your daughter and the typewriter is awesome! I remember having a typewriter to bang around on growing up and loved it.
I did my first shave last season before my A-race half Iron. Once you do it, it is hard to let it grow back. I kept shaving for the rest of the season until it started to cool down and then had to force myself to let the "winter coat" grow back. I'll probably do it again once the season starts back up. It has a weirdly professional feeling - like I'm no longer a newbie.
"I noticed an asymmetry and I tried to even it out. And... Gone!" haha :) (With a last name of Neumann, knowing every Seinfeld episode is basically a requirement)
In high school swimming my coach made all the boys shave their legs for our championship meet. It was so funny to watch them butcher their legs and make a bloody mess of the hotel bathroom.
The storm missed the mark - bad but not a billizard. The best thing about the taco bell incident is that you realize the justification. That is the hardest part!
Did we really get that much? I sure picked the right year to finally hire a snow removal service!
You should seriously pick up a copy of Clean and read it. The back pain you were feeling was probably withdrawals and/or your body detox its self. When I went off I went half caf for a couple days and then green tea and then off. Taco Bell....Dude! Didn't you see the story recently about the meat only being like 7% actual meat?!?
Ok, I was hoping someone would have covered this, but they havent.
We shave our legs, not for speed or aerodymanics, we are not fast enough to have that matter, its for the bike and potential injury prevention. *knock on wood* I hope it never happens, but if you crash on your bike, road rash is a million times worse if your have hair on your legs, the ground will tear your legs up worse because of the hair, its harder and more painful to cleam up a wound with hair and hair increases the chance of infection of a wound.
Thanks BDD and there it is. I may post sometime in the future a picture of my outer left calve with pigment pulled out of the skin and bad scarring from a road bike crash pre season shave. It took for ever to heal. and once its gashed and shredded on the ground meat grinder you cant shave it.Believe m pulling that hair out days later is far worse. I ve recently just tried to explain this to my wife, again, for the 5th time :(
Your comments about shaving were hilarious! But, I have heard that shaving your legs is a great thing to do in case you crash on the bike (which hopefully will never happen) and get nasty road rash.
I think it's awesome that your daughter likes the type writer. I bet my boys would love it too!
wow... shovelling before leaving the house counts like a moderate swim to me... LOL.
Shaving your legs won't make a differenc in time, but same ad the above comments, it's a good thing if you come off the bike. I've been there and it's just one less thing to worry about.
We are iced in again today. Bill and I just ventured to the gym and the roads seemed better but not good by any means. I could never live up north. I like my mild winters and stifling summers. BRING ON THE HEAT!
Wow, so many things to comment on. Coffee at 8 pm? No way Jose. I shave my chest because I'm vain and more shallow than a wading pool. Manual typewriter? That was a surprise.
It will only be a matter of time until you do your chest and arms. Trust me. haha
Also, you are now in trouble, once you shave your legs and see how much better they look, it will be a lifetime of shaving and as you know it always grows back thicker. haha
Wow! You keep surprising me with every post! I didn't know I was following a homosexual's blog. There is always something interesting here :) lol
J/k of course. I'll shave mine when I start riding outdoors. I know all too well what it feels like to have road rash with hair. When I shave my legs, the scars are very noticable.
15 comments:
you will see a difference in the pool for sure. I used to be on the swim team in College and we had to shave for meets arms, back, legs..guys chest..and it feels different. I cannot quit coffee. I did it twice for pregnancies but other then that I allow one nojn fat latte per day.
I miss the REAL winters...all of it. I know crazy right?
Fingers crossed we only get 6 to 8 inches. They are forecasting 14-16. :-/
The picture with your daughter and the typewriter is awesome! I remember having a typewriter to bang around on growing up and loved it.
I did my first shave last season before my A-race half Iron. Once you do it, it is hard to let it grow back. I kept shaving for the rest of the season until it started to cool down and then had to force myself to let the "winter coat" grow back. I'll probably do it again once the season starts back up. It has a weirdly professional feeling - like I'm no longer a newbie.
"I noticed an asymmetry and I tried to even it out. And... Gone!" haha :) (With a last name of Neumann, knowing every Seinfeld episode is basically a requirement)
Not even gonna comment on shaving your legs?!?!? ;)
Make sure to log all of the snow shoveling!
In high school swimming my coach made all the boys shave their legs for our championship meet. It was so funny to watch them butcher their legs and make a bloody mess of the hotel bathroom.
I agree with Jon. Snow shoveling is a workout!
The storm missed the mark - bad but not a billizard. The best thing about the taco bell incident is that you realize the justification. That is the hardest part!
Did we really get that much? I sure picked the right year to finally hire a snow removal service!
You should seriously pick up a copy of Clean and read it. The back pain you were feeling was probably withdrawals and/or your body detox its self. When I went off I went half caf for a couple days and then green tea and then off. Taco Bell....Dude! Didn't you see the story recently about the meat only being like 7% actual meat?!?
Ok, I was hoping someone would have covered this, but they havent.
We shave our legs, not for speed or aerodymanics, we are not fast enough to have that matter, its for the bike and potential injury prevention. *knock on wood* I hope it never happens, but if you crash on your bike, road rash is a million times worse if your have hair on your legs, the ground will tear your legs up worse because of the hair, its harder and more painful to cleam up a wound with hair and hair increases the chance of infection of a wound.
Thanks BDD and there it is. I may post sometime in the future a picture of my outer left calve with pigment pulled out of the skin and bad scarring from a road bike crash pre season shave. It took for ever to heal. and once its gashed and shredded on the ground meat grinder you cant shave it.Believe m pulling that hair out days later is far worse. I ve recently just tried to explain this to my wife, again, for the
5th time :(
Your comments about shaving were hilarious! But, I have heard that shaving your legs is a great thing to do in case you crash on the bike (which hopefully will never happen) and get nasty road rash.
I think it's awesome that your daughter likes the type writer. I bet my boys would love it too!
wow... shovelling before leaving the house counts like a moderate swim to me... LOL.
Shaving your legs won't make a differenc in time, but same ad the above comments, it's a good thing if you come off the bike. I've been there and it's just one less thing to worry about.
We are iced in again today. Bill and I just ventured to the gym and the roads seemed better but not good by any means. I could never live up north. I like my mild winters and stifling summers. BRING ON THE HEAT!
What is REALLY wrong with coffee anyway?? ;)
Wow, so many things to comment on.
Coffee at 8 pm? No way Jose. I shave my chest because I'm vain and more shallow than a wading pool. Manual typewriter? That was a surprise.
Coffee rocks.
D, hahaha, "can't stop". haha
It will only be a matter of time until you do your chest and arms. Trust me. haha
Also, you are now in trouble, once you shave your legs and see how much better they look, it will be a lifetime of shaving and as you know it always grows back thicker. haha
B
Shavin' the legs eh?
Wow! You keep surprising me with every post! I didn't know I was following a homosexual's blog. There is always something interesting here :) lol
J/k of course. I'll shave mine when I start riding outdoors. I know all too well what it feels like to have road rash with hair. When I shave my legs, the scars are very noticable.
Post a Comment