Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finish line




14 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

Get down with the bike man, get down with the bike!! You got this, no problem. Cool about the class, I wish I had something close to do something similar. I can change a tire but still like to get some general bike info. Plus, maybe I could learn a better way than what I am doing since I taught myself.

I have a similar ride this weekend. Put on some good TV.

162

Jill said...

The class will be great, Derek! One of my biggest fears doing the DU was what happens if I get a flat? I know, 10 miles isn't much to worry about...but still I did. I should go get a bike trainer, looks like the bike is in my future and the thought of riding my mt bike for 2 hours or riding the stationary bike at the gym, are nausiating :).

Thanks for your VERY kind email. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, I'm hoping for a heel transplant! :)

Stay warm! Suppose to hit 64 here this weekend so it's headed your way after it leaves here!

valen said...

week 1 and you're already changing what the plan says??//// ha ha ha
As long as you don't double up the workouts should be all good... he he

Ironman By Thirty said...

Like Mandy said, Get Down on That Bike! :)

Tell the Gear West guys "thanks" for the awesome Spinervals training DVD - not sure if they do the IMLP one, but they were the group on the IMWI DVD.

Johann said...

Glad you are so excited about your IM training. Hang in there, our mornings here in Johannesburg are getting darker and cooler. The sun is on its way to you.

it's all about pace said...

good to know about your bike... 2:30 on a trainer... I've done it a couple of times... I hope you have a good movie to watch. Good luck :-)

TRI714 said...

DUDE, You folks are warriors !!

Jon said...

Absolutely brutal conditions! Glad it is going to start warming up for you. -25? Yikes....

Good idea to take that bike course. Knowing how to change a tire is invaluable.

Aimee said...

I'm glad you're finally going to get some "nice" weather! We're actually supposed to be in the 60s this weekend! Woohoo!!

That class you're going to sounds awesome! I really need to work on changing my tire too. I know how, but not well enough!

Heather said...

I need this to be the winter finish line! You are right about the snowy slushy conditions though, won't be fun. Nice job getting back on track with the diet thIs week!

Chris K said...

Derek, you are on fire this week. Nice job! Getting up at 5:00 in that weather to swim is inspiring.

Dude, thanks for your comment about my Blog title. It was a compelling argument and I though, "Hmmmmh, Derek is on to something", but I opted for something more juevenile. As usual.

Keep up the good work.

My Boring Triathlon Blog said...

Yea knowing how to change a flat is important. Last summer i had about 8 flats during my long ride and wouldn't you know it? in my 70.3 race i got a flat. by that time i was able to change it pretty quick

Bryan said...

I'm with you, I hope it warms up for yah. Good luck on the weekend longs, good idea on the bike training. Looks like you've got it rolling. Right on.

B

JohnP said...

Takin' a bike mechanics couse is a smart move! Exciting, they are fun! :)
I hear ya about the weather. I got the same problem here, I'm beginning to get sick of donig every one of my long runs on snow. It snows every weekend uggghhh

Spring. Comes. Soon.