I only run so I don't have much to add about swimming and biking. Actually, I got nothing to add. But, something jumped out at me. The words "additional training" and "extra". Sounds like you stuck to your plan. For me (just me), there is no "additional" or "extra" anything.
This morning my boys went skiing and it was heaven on earth!! I got so much done after my daughter left to go to work, I even shampoo'd the carpet and the stairs. I never could have done that with them here.
I keep meaning to ask about trainers on my blog; I got a road bike from a friend and would like get it indoors for days I don't want to hit the gym and use those crazy stationary bikes. I have zero clue if a bike rusts from sweat or whatever it is you're talking about falling off. I'll just cross my fingers that it doesn't during the race :).
I'm so glad you're pumped and looks like you're super focused...love reading these posts from you!!
good on you for sticking to the plan and for leaving the music out of the pool.... you'll have lots of fun! from experience with trainer sessions I'd suggest you get the handlebar nuts and bolts changed or coated in CRC every 6 t 8 weeks... cheers!
I hear you about fueling on the trainer. It is funny because being inside at home should make it easier to fuel and yet, I find myself not fueling at all.
We just did the binge clean last weekend. I still haven't made the trip to Goodwill yet, but at least it is all piled up and ready to go.
Hahah - you're the only other person I've met who's afraid to put "wear" on their bike!!!! I was always afraid (wow - I just typed "ascared". Where's the coffee??) to use my tri bike on the trainer because I thought it was like breaking down the frame or something. ??
I don't know if it's true or not, but I feel much better now hearing you say that!
Don't know what your SA/SU morning schedule is like with the fam, but we do a 2.5 hr ride on Saturday and a 2 hr ride on Sunday. Get over to SLP - we don't have wrist bands (yet)!
Great week!! I hear what you are saying about going to the pool for a specified workout instead of just hammering out laps. That has really helped me with pool stuff for sure.
After I leave this comment I am heading to Yoga. I don't know if I would consider that extra more than necessary. I really let it slide during marathon training and I think that hurt me. Great job on a first week of training! Having a goal always make it seem easier.
Nice try. We know the sippy cups are really for you. I bet we'd find them in the water bottle cages on your bike. Next to the soother of course :) Great swim!
D, BIG suggestion on the Trainer, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a fan, "the bigger the better, the less you'll be a sweater". haha
I forgot to use it earlier this year and there was a puddle under me. For your LONG rides if you don't get a fan you will hate the dripping wetness, especially in the socks. Get a fan, you'll thank me and start enjoying the bike more.
14 comments:
I only run so I don't have much to add about swimming and biking. Actually, I got nothing to add. But, something jumped out at me. The words "additional training" and "extra". Sounds like you stuck to your plan. For me (just me), there is no "additional" or "extra" anything.
This morning my boys went skiing and it was heaven on earth!! I got so much done after my daughter left to go to work, I even shampoo'd the carpet and the stairs. I never could have done that with them here.
I keep meaning to ask about trainers on my blog; I got a road bike from a friend and would like get it indoors for days I don't want to hit the gym and use those crazy stationary bikes. I have zero clue if a bike rusts from sweat or whatever it is you're talking about falling off. I'll just cross my fingers that it doesn't during the race :).
I'm so glad you're pumped and looks like you're super focused...love reading these posts from you!!
good on you for sticking to the plan and for leaving the music out of the pool.... you'll have lots of fun!
from experience with trainer sessions I'd suggest you get the handlebar nuts and bolts changed or coated in CRC every 6 t 8 weeks... cheers!
Great first week of training!
I hear you about fueling on the trainer. It is funny because being inside at home should make it easier to fuel and yet, I find myself not fueling at all.
We just did the binge clean last weekend. I still haven't made the trip to Goodwill yet, but at least it is all piled up and ready to go.
Hahah - you're the only other person I've met who's afraid to put "wear" on their bike!!!! I was always afraid (wow - I just typed "ascared". Where's the coffee??) to use my tri bike on the trainer because I thought it was like breaking down the frame or something. ??
I don't know if it's true or not, but I feel much better now hearing you say that!
Don't know what your SA/SU morning schedule is like with the fam, but we do a 2.5 hr ride on Saturday and a 2 hr ride on Sunday. Get over to SLP - we don't have wrist bands (yet)!
AHHH 160!
Great week!! I hear what you are saying about going to the pool for a specified workout instead of just hammering out laps. That has really helped me with pool stuff for sure.
After I leave this comment I am heading to Yoga. I don't know if I would consider that extra more than necessary. I really let it slide during marathon training and I think that hurt me.
Great job on a first week of training! Having a goal always make it seem easier.
Nice try. We know the sippy cups are really for you. I bet we'd find them in the water bottle cages on your bike. Next to the soother of course :)
Great swim!
Nice week! Running on dry pavement sounds great. I run on mostly dirt roads, so it's a mud fest, but I'm not going to complain.
Towels my friend. Lots of towels.
Great job crushing week 1.
Stick to the plan.
Trainer rides = harder than riding outdoors. Stash a pile of food next to your trainer :)
Follow the plan, its gets longer real fast
Sorry, I lost focus after reading sub 7:15 for 26.2
Week one in the books! Great job sticking with the plan... you'll be happy with that decision down the road! :)
D, BIG suggestion on the Trainer, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a fan, "the bigger the better, the less you'll be a sweater". haha
I forgot to use it earlier this year and there was a puddle under me. For your LONG rides if you don't get a fan you will hate the dripping wetness, especially in the socks. Get a fan, you'll thank me and start enjoying the bike more.
B
Post a Comment