Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reset

16 comments:

Matty O said...

The biking drains my legs man.... I have been shocked this spring already.

Hey, my rule, 7:30pm the kitchen closes. I can only go back in there for water (or a bud light).

Give yourself a week to adapt and you will be feeling strong again. Ease into it!

PWickman said...

I'm sure your dentist will be happy that you're flossing every night.

I'm a rest/digest guy... I like eating just before I go to sleep - the key is moderation. I typically don't eat anything before a morning workout so I function better if I have only been fasting since 10pm instead of 8pm. That's just me, though.

Emily said...

Nutrition is a constant struggle for me! These are good goals as long as you don't deprive yourself of the nutrients you need in order to avoid overeating. My toughest time of day is the morning after I workout. I seriously eat three breakfasts daily and am still not satisfied!

Jon said...

I notice that if I eat a GIGANTIC breakfast, that it sets me up perfectly for the rest of the day. Sometimes by dinner I am not even hungry and I am good till the next morning.

I don't eat anything before any AM workout (except on weekends) so that big breakfast is my reward.

KovasP said...

Half the fun and frustration is putting it all together - happy journey!

JohnP said...

I love the floss idea! Brilliant!

I'm thinking Jon is onto something about big breakfasts. I might try it!

Aimee said...

Ugh...I am the worst late night snacker there is! I hate it, but it's like I have no will power! It needs to stop for me too. I hope your flossing idea works!!

Unknown said...

What Jon said ... I do the exact same thing. Could have typed that myself!

Emz said...

floss = not eating?

the
best
new
diet
trick
ever.

I'm on it.

dairy slides right through my teeth though?! ;)

racing dawn said...

isn't it ridiculous how much our nutrition affects everything...seriously...

i took a few days off from paleo but now back on...it really works...just need to sneak in a few bread/rice carbs when close to a long run or race...i'm sure mr. paleo won't mind! :)

valen said...

it is always good to follow your progress and learn from it. each of us it their different journeys come across different obstacles. I'm so sure you'll fix it, though,

The Triathlon Rx said...

Venturing over to my club, huh? ;)

Keep up the hard work! You're full of tanacity, and you've just got to remember it takes time to develop that "new normal." Hang in there!

Jason said...

I believe that we can trace back all of our issues with tired legs and what not to our diet. It is just too important to ignore.

I also am starting to turn the corner on needing rest as you can see from my post today. I need more sleep for sure.

Bryan said...

D, nice job on the weight loss. That was fast.

B

Unknown said...

Our snow melted finally and I just looked at my hubby and said "I forgot how ulgy it is under the snow". :)

I love the flossing idea...

Velma said...

Great idea on the flossing - A kitchen closed rule can really work! Good luck :)