Monday, February 14, 2011

Gear West University


14 comments:

Ironman By Thirty said...

Sounds like it was a great class!

I love the McGyver McDouble trick! I am not a gel person and am seriously considering a 6" Subway chicken breast in my bike special needs. Just have to find a small lunch box and back it with ice.

Great work on changing the tire/tube. I've done it a few times but never on the road, only at home.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Write it down, so if you forget, you can read up on it later.

Matty O said...

Well, luckily I got my bike tire changing experience during my 70.3 RACE GRRRR. The CO2 is awesome :) Instant tire lol.

Good job for going and devoting a day for this. Major confidence booster.

Now on the McDonalds. Healthy eating or not...here is what I read that has made me begin to incorporate their food into my workouts. There is a mcdonalds on any bike route you will take for your long rides. Get used to putting them down since they will always be accessible.

Take 2 bucks and you are good to go my friend!

TRI714 said...

Great time use. I am always amazed at how many people that ride/race bikes havn't changed a tire. Nothing against you or anyone else. I guess it is just one of those things I have done so many times for so long that it seems like the normal.

JohnP said...

I am so incredibly jealous! What a wicked awesome event! I would have loved to of done something like that!

Speaking of which, our bike show should be coming up soon!

Jon said...

Sounded like an awesome time!

It took me like 30 minutes the first time I ever changed a tube by myself. With practice, it gets faster.

If you go the C02 route on the bike, ALWAYS carry 2 on ya. Sometimes the first doesnt work so well (been there, done that, got marooned).

As for overeating @ night, brush your teeth when you are done with dinner. Hopefully that signals the brain to stop.

....or go to bed earlier ;)

Heather said...

What a great class. I wonder how often they have them? I think I need to figure out how to change a tire, etc. so as not to be such a dunce on the roads this summer.

Sherri said...

Awesome class!

Jill said...

I think I could stand to learn a few things from those classes, too - that is great you went and got so much out of them. I can't change a bike tire either, even though I have a bike tire pump on my bike. It's good for show! :)

Now you're bike literate and will be ready for all (ok, most :)) thing in the race. YAY!

Aimee said...

I am so jealous! That sounds like a great event with a lot of great information!

Chris K said...

I'm not a tri guy, but that looks very cool. So informative. You were probably eating it up.

Nice job on changing the tire Stud.

Johann said...

I think classes and workshops like these are incredible. I wish there were more ultra running workshops as well.

it's all about pace said...

Sounds like a cool event... knowledge is powere eh?

Bryan said...

D, great workshop, sounded highly beneficial. Had I known, and if I was rich, I would have flown down there for it. haha. On the eating, I hear yeah, keep talking like a women about it, eventually, you'll treat yourself like a women and tell yourself to "shut up and just do it". haha

B