Thursday, February 17, 2011

two for three




8 comments:

Chris K said...

On The Biggest Loser they talk about eating a stick of sugar free gum at night. Somehow it tricks the body into thinking its food and staves the hunger.

They got some pretty cool flavors these days too.

Your girls are precious. So cute.

Jill said...

You could try the gum as Chris suggests...I chew gum all day at work cuz I'll eat the entire school if I didn't. I don't think it tricks my mind so much as it just gives me something to do other than eating :).

Love the pic of you reading tri mag to the girl, that is precious!

You're staying pretty strong on the workouts...I think cutting the 20 min run short wouldn't cause much of a wrinkle but I know you will knock out the next, learning how these transitions work is key so lesson learned, move forward!!

Happy Weekend, Derek!!! Enjoy that snow and cold. 52 right now in Denver. :)

Annie said...

You are doing great with the training!

Betsy said...

I love the pic of the girls with triathlete mag....but very disappointed they didn't want to read it! You must teach them that Chrissy is way cooler than I-Carly!

And about the legs....I hate to break it to you but they probably won't feel fresh again until your final taper! It's always weird to me that my legs burn & I get out of breath going up 2 flights of stairs like I'm an out of shape couch potato but it's all just part of the training! Your doing great!

JohnP said...

love the pic lol!

Sounds like you're getting some solid training in. The whole 8pm thing never worked for me. I gotta snack on something before bed cuz I can't sleep hungry.

The Triathlon Rx said...

I'm having the exact same issues as you with night time eating. I think my problem is that I'm too busy during the day so I end up *under*fueling, and then my hunger kicks into overdrive at night and I turn into frickin Cookie Monster!! My body comp has definitely taken notice... and it's time to get this isht in check!!

Great job with your training though! As much as it sucks to sleep through a wko, your body was asking for it. Don't know what's on tap for you next weekend, but Saturday we have a 2.5 hr ride and Sunday a 2 (but easily extended) ride. It's a great group.. you're invited!

Jason said...

Love the pics of you and the kids together. They may not like the mag now but maybe you will get them to like it soon enough.

FranP said...

I love the tri mag bonding with the girls and the morning transition area. That is awesome! :) I remember those days of chaos!
Great job on the training front. Keep up the great work!