I'd get to know that course as well as you can via the DVD. Unfortunately you will experience the winds for the first time on race day. During the final 10 miles back into town, aka the hilly section, the hills aren't that bad really, but it is the wind through the knotch that beats you down, and continues to beat you down!
If it makes you feel better, I once did a 4:45:00 trainer ride in prep for an HIM the first week of April. It was snowing, I had no choice! You can do 1.5 hours and then go run a mile, do another 1.5 hours, run another mile, and so forth to break it up. I didn't run during that one but I took two quick breaks.
Mad Men is SOOOO good, I'm on season 2 and am so hooked. Have you already seen Lost? I never saw it while it was on TV but started on Netflix last year and I burned through 4 seasons during trainer rides, loved it.
Ugh..I know exactly how you feel about riding that long on the trainer. Another reason why I chose IMAZ in Nov. is because the training doesn't start until the end of April. Hopefully, by then, our "winter" weather will be gone and I'll be able to train outside. BUT, I know I'm going to have some long trainer sessions too!
D - I wouldn't be overly concerned. You got this in you and you will figure it out. Everytime I read about your training you are always putting in quality and not just quantity and so I have all the confidence in the world that you can get this banged out.
Focus on the 1/16/11 for now and get through the RnRAZ then back to IM when you get back.
16 comments:
195
I wondered how that video was - I want to get it just haven't yet. You are going to do fine, it is a lot of time on the trainer though, I know!
I watch The Office, Modern Family...I DVR a bunch of history channel stuff because I am a GEEK.
WOW this is awesome - I didn't even know that existed!
Cheap man's computrainer FTW!! :) I am going to pick this up too. Thanks for letting my know of such a thing!!
I can't wait!
Just finished up 3h 15m myself. It was brutal but I am happy it is done.
Weeds is okay, Mad Men is excellent!!
Telling ya - go get the Friday Night Lights Series -- the DVD's are cheap and it is such a good show!
I'd get to know that course as well as you can via the DVD. Unfortunately you will experience the winds for the first time on race day. During the final 10 miles back into town, aka the hilly section, the hills aren't that bad really, but it is the wind through the knotch that beats you down, and continues to beat you down!
I am zero help to you in the television shows department; but I could recommend a few good chick flicks and could even let you borrow them :).
You're not screwed, you have time and you are one of the dedicated people I know and you will make it work!
Happy finishing up cleaning day :).
If it makes you feel better, I once did a 4:45:00 trainer ride in prep for an HIM the first week of April. It was snowing, I had no choice! You can do 1.5 hours and then go run a mile, do another 1.5 hours, run another mile, and so forth to break it up. I didn't run during that one but I took two quick breaks.
Mad Men is SOOOO good, I'm on season 2 and am so hooked. Have you already seen Lost? I never saw it while it was on TV but started on Netflix last year and I burned through 4 seasons during trainer rides, loved it.
Check out Lost, Prison Break, and Arrested Development for the short rides. All help me get through it!
Thats awesome they have that video!
You'll be Great!
I love winter except for the hours it requires treadmill running.
I have Weeds seasons 1 and 2 if you want to borrow it!!
"4 hour OCD binge" - LOL!! You are singing my song Derek!
I am no help in the TV department, but I do love the Spinervals DVDs.
Sweet! They have an IMMOO DVD too! I'll have to check it out.
I'm a Netflix watcher too. Mad Men, Lost, Terriers, The Office, anything to keep my mind off the fact that my ass is killing me.
on the series menu:
chuck, flash foward
did I say I admire anyone that's able to be on the trainer for over 1/5 hours?
Ugh..I know exactly how you feel about riding that long on the trainer. Another reason why I chose IMAZ in Nov. is because the training doesn't start until the end of April. Hopefully, by then, our "winter" weather will be gone and I'll be able to train outside. BUT, I know I'm going to have some long trainer sessions too!
Only 1 more week till RNRAZ!! Woohoo!
D - I wouldn't be overly concerned. You got this in you and you will figure it out. Everytime I read about your training you are always putting in quality and not just quantity and so I have all the confidence in the world that you can get this banged out.
Focus on the 1/16/11 for now and get through the RnRAZ then back to IM when you get back.
Good luck out in AZ.
I CAN NOT IMAGINE 22 MILES ON THE TREADMILL! YOU ARE MY HERO!
-Madmen
-The Wire
-Rescue Me
-Arrested Development
-Friday Night Lights
3 days!!!!
D, curious to see how the video works out, if you like it, I'll get one too.
Other than porn, I don't know what else would keep your interest. haha
B
Post a Comment