dont sweat it Drog!! I did not hit the bricks seriously until mid-March for IM training and it worked. With the load that you put on your body leading up to go time, the rest, good/bad food and a lot of nothing will do you well! Way to go! Smart to take th break!
I quit coffee and all caffiene around the 1st of the year and I seriously LOVE being off the stuff. I was a slave to my addiction! No headaches or crashes. My entire day isn't ruined if I don't get coffee by 10am. If you can get through the withdrawals it's worth it. I love my caffiene tea now! Try the Cinnamon Rooibus @ caribou. Plus - just think about the kick you'll get when you use a gel with caffiene after you are off it!
Nice job putting a stop to the free for all with the eating. I have been doing fairly well during the weekdays, but my weekends have been a disaster. This weekend will be better!
You'll get back! My running hasn't been the greatest either since the race...but still it's logged workouts, right? :)
I've only been eating good for a week and just the sound of taco bell makes my stomach turn...i bet your body is grateful to be back to the eating plan!!!
you're aweseome - winter training always seems hard to get through - muscle through, spring is right around the corner!!!
Don't be too hard on yourself, we all fall off at some point! I would definitely ease into training again. It's really only been a week since the marathon! I've decided to take a good amount of time off to just let my body heal and get healthy again. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I used to be. Those caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst!!
OMG! I can totally relate to the caffeine headaches! I gave up caffeine a few years ago....cold turkey...not so good:) Two weeks of pure hell! Funny thing is that I was only off of the stuff for about six months and then one day I caved.
Don't freak out about the free fall. For God sake you are only human! Relax and take it slowly. I know that you will be back at your normal rock star self in no time:)
I seriously had to take a quick check to make sure I was on the right blog when you mentioned you were eating at Taco Bell and DQ! I guess I wasn't prepared for the 3-week hiatus, you need to warn us unsuspecting souls out there who look up and admire your dedication from afar! I guess that mean TB for dinner tonight - my kids will be thrilled it's not grilled chicken. Again. :).
Excited for your race this weekend...I'm not sure how once RACES in January in Minnisota but I guess you get used to it. Somehow. Though I never really did living in Iowa.
Chill. Take your time and enjoy the transition, don't force it.
But for gawd's sake PLEEEEASE stop the taco hell trips! Have some dignity would ya! McDonalds would at least be a significant step up on the ladder lol!
thanks for the BTR kida review... I may be the last runner to read it now. he he he. and yes... take it easy but not that much that you go back to square one with nutrition!,
Not a problem in that you recognized the issue and are fixing it. You'll be golden b4 you know it.
I have almost quit coffee altogether as well. I drink decaffinated now and I haven't noticed anything yet. I also cut back on the cups. It used to be about 3-4 cups (even decaff) and now I am at 1. WILL POWER!
I don't do coffee - I have so much energy I might just spontaneously combust.
You will get it back 9 days seems like a lot, but it isn't given that you never took a break. Winter training is hard. You really extended your season and didn't take much of a break really to recharge. Honestly, you are not going to lose much fitness coming off of a marathon in 2 weeks. Try to do some non-running stuff maybe?
18 comments:
Sucks man. As you know I understand 100% :)
I do the coffee thing every year. MAJOR withdrawl symptoms. I actually feel like a drug addict dropping it.
Ease back in. I went too long last year and am having tons of injuries now. My body needed a break or a complete switch of my training. BE SMART :)
mmmmm...taco bell
dont sweat it Drog!! I did not hit the bricks seriously until mid-March for IM training and it worked. With the load that you put on your body leading up to go time, the rest, good/bad food and a lot of nothing will do you well! Way to go! Smart to take th break!
I quit coffee and all caffiene around the 1st of the year and I seriously LOVE being off the stuff. I was a slave to my addiction! No headaches or crashes. My entire day isn't ruined if I don't get coffee by 10am. If you can get through the withdrawals it's worth it. I love my caffiene tea now! Try the Cinnamon Rooibus @ caribou. Plus - just think about the kick you'll get when you use a gel with caffiene after you are off it!
Nice job putting a stop to the free for all with the eating. I have been doing fairly well during the weekdays, but my weekends have been a disaster. This weekend will be better!
It's hard to maintain after a huge race...I for one feel totally unmotivated after a race.... especially when you are using it as a "training run".
Glad your back in the saddle...good luck and stay warm!
I understand how you feel, you need to keep reminding yourself that you just RAN 26.2 MILES!! Have to recover some
We get so use to a certain lifestyle, then sometimes we bing due to the convience of certain foods, I have no doubt you be back on track right away
OMGosh.
Please tell me you are going to stop getting rid of more food items . . . . what will be left?! ;) J/K. You. rock.
You amaze me with your willpower.
You'll get back! My running hasn't been the greatest either since the race...but still it's logged workouts, right? :)
I've only been eating good for a week and just the sound of taco bell makes my stomach turn...i bet your body is grateful to be back to the eating plan!!!
you're aweseome - winter training always seems hard to get through - muscle through, spring is right around the corner!!!
Don't be too hard on yourself, we all fall off at some point! I would definitely ease into training again. It's really only been a week since the marathon! I've decided to take a good amount of time off to just let my body heal and get healthy again.
I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I used to be. Those caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst!!
OMG! I can totally relate to the caffeine headaches! I gave up caffeine a few years ago....cold turkey...not so good:) Two weeks of pure hell! Funny thing is that I was only off of the stuff for about six months and then one day I caved.
Don't freak out about the free fall. For God sake you are only human! Relax and take it slowly. I know that you will be back at your normal rock star self in no time:)
I seriously had to take a quick check to make sure I was on the right blog when you mentioned you were eating at Taco Bell and DQ! I guess I wasn't prepared for the 3-week hiatus, you need to warn us unsuspecting souls out there who look up and admire your dedication from afar! I guess that mean TB for dinner tonight - my kids will be thrilled it's not grilled chicken. Again. :).
Excited for your race this weekend...I'm not sure how once RACES in January in Minnisota but I guess you get used to it. Somehow. Though I never really did living in Iowa.
Your girls' pictures always makes me smile!
Chill. Take your time and enjoy the transition, don't force it.
But for gawd's sake PLEEEEASE stop the taco hell trips! Have some dignity would ya! McDonalds would at least be a significant step up on the ladder lol!
thanks for the BTR kida review... I may be the last runner to read it now. he he he.
and yes... take it easy but not that much that you go back to square one with nutrition!,
cheers!
I start shaking at the thought of giving up coffee! I am sure you will have no problem though.
You will be back on track in no time :)
Not a problem in that you recognized the issue and are fixing it. You'll be golden b4 you know it.
I have almost quit coffee altogether as well. I drink decaffinated now and I haven't noticed anything yet. I also cut back on the cups. It used to be about 3-4 cups (even decaff) and now I am at 1. WILL POWER!
Damn, you do things to the extreme one way or the other, eh? Balance Grasshopper.
I don't do coffee - I have so much energy I might just spontaneously combust.
You will get it back 9 days seems like a lot, but it isn't given that you never took a break. Winter training is hard. You really extended your season and didn't take much of a break really to recharge. Honestly, you are not going to lose much fitness coming off of a marathon in 2 weeks. Try to do some non-running stuff maybe?
176
Post a Comment