Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eked out biggest run month yesterday









14 comments:

Jason said...

4 years of no smoking is just awesome.

You are going to own RnRAZ with all this mind-numbing treadmill running you are doing.

You are going to see that sunshine and warmer weather and tear a!$.

Just be smart about going out to hard at the race. Don't let EMZ intimidate you.

Jon said...

Congrats all around! Pretty cool to look back and say that you started swimming seriously only a year ago! Imagine where you will be in 365 days?

Aimee said...

Yays all around!
Yay for being 4 yrs. nicotine free!
Yay for having a great running month!
Yay for starting back into your training!

We had COLD temps the last 2 days here too. I think the high was only like 10 degrees! Brr!! Way to get your 15miles in on the treadmill..that's awesome!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

So much awesomeness to congrats you on!!!

And BOOOOOOOOOOOO to the freezing rain

Happy New Years!!!

Annie said...

Awesome running numbers! Happy New Year.

The Triathlon Rx said...

Reading this totally made me think... if you haven't read Running on Faith, you should really pick it up. Especially if you're working on my same goal numero uno :)

Looking ahead, T/F/SA are going to be my 6am spins (for now....). You're welcome to join me at any time!

Julie said...

Congrats on joining the non-smoker club!! Four years is impressive:)

We have certainly had some crazy weather over the past few weeks! Your picture makes the snow/sleety stuff look like little hail balls:) Only in Minnesota!

Congrats on busting out 15 miles on the mill! Holy cow! I know that I would have a hard time going that far on the mill! You are doing so well with your workouts and training. I am going to get better in January...if I would of been like you I would feel so much better right now. I just feel like crap! Taking a few days off is acceptable...taking a month off...not so good:)

Happy New Year to you Derek!

Unknown said...

15 miles on the treadmill is impressive! I did 4 miles the other day on the TM and actually considered blasting the speed up so it would shoot me off the back into the wall and knock me unconscious - I figured this would be less painful than the boredom of the treadmill!

Way to take that run slow too - your legs are surely grateful!

Pahla said...

So much awesomeness in this post! Congrats on four smoke-free years. I love that story about last year's swim putting you on the path to this year's IM!!
Happy New Year!

Christina said...

Wow! What a difference 1, 2, or 4 years make, huh!?? Congratulations on all you've accomplished! VERY impressive running numbers the last few years. You're so ready for RnR!
Looking forward to following along for your 'year of the Ironman'! It'll be an unforgettable journey no doubt!
Here's to 2011!

Matty O said...

LOL at Jeff.

Dude, you are a flipping nut! I have never run that much in a month (I think) HAHA.

You put the time in man, relax and take it easy!

valen said...

that's serious running, man!, and yes.. it's 2011, so IMLP 2011 must feel closer that a couple of days ago. cheers!

TRI714 said...

Your treadmill numbers are just so nuts.I cant believe that you pound those out like its a normal run. Dude, that is not NORMAL.
Happy New Year !

Johann said...

Now that is all so impressive! You can be very proud! You are doing great and will have an awesome year. Good luck with everything!