It's just a motivating and inspiring book in so many ways! I loved it.
I recently read and have been following Clean (Dr. Alejandro Junger). One of the things that they talk about is eating out of a Buddah Bowl - eating only as much food as would fit in your 2 hands if they were cupped like a bowl. Very interesting concept for portion size! I definitely have learned that I can eat a lot less and still train effectivly!
Thanks for leaving me the BEST comment ever! You totally made my morning. I have a copy of this book on my bedside table. Guess it's time to read it...
And my 3 favorite triathlete's that never stop smiling - Chrissie (of course), Andy Potts and Terenzo Bozzone. They just love everything about the sport and the competition.
I havn't read this book either, but it is the 3rd time Ive heard about it in the past 2 months, so I have to visit Borders now. I like the smile thing, I wish i had a more natural smile.But I try
I haven't read this book but am heading to the store now to get it.
I have been smiling since I started running and every time I run I smile and say hello to those I pass. Even those just out walking or doing nothing related to running. It is the greatest feeling.
In the past month and a half my wife and I have switched to a more plant based diet and it has been awesome. It may not be for everybody but it is for us and it has worked to the point of being faster, stronger and leaner. I love it.
I haven't read this book but am heading to the store now to get it.
I have been smiling since I started running and every time I run I smile and say hello to those I pass. Even those just out walking or doing nothing related to running. It is the greatest feeling.
In the past month and a half my wife and I have switched to a more plant based diet and it has been awesome. It may not be for everybody but it is for us and it has worked to the point of being faster, stronger and leaner. I love it.
I seriously think the minimalist shoe contributed to my heel issue...but who knows. I just know I never had problems in 35 years of running until I started running in the Ravenna's .... but maybe it was the 35+ years of running :).
What I love about you, Derek, is you find the positive in EVERYTHING. Maybe we all need a sour past to see so many positives ... I don't know, but it makes my day every time I see a new post from you.
btw, I am headed to the podiatrist in 2 hours. Can you believe it!?! FINALLY I may have an answer!
it seems i will be the last to have read it... :) it's definitely next on my list! and i've heard that quote before 'eat like a poor person' makes sense.
still off dairy, sugar, soda, grains...feeling good, but it's killing me to walk down the candy aisle... :)
Great post. Timely for me as I have a race in 2 weeks and I'm a big time over-analytical stress monster. Tightness burns precious fuel. I need to remember to smile.
A life without bread or pasta is inconceivable to me. I'm too chicken to try it.
I just read the diet part of your post. I stopped reading when you mentioned spoiler alert for the book. Its next on my list.
I agree with you on dairy. Dairy makes me feel bloated. Pasta makes me feel sluggish.
The only gluten products that I eat are flour tortillas. They go with everything and agree with my stomach and don't slow me down. Peanut butter, banana on a tortilla is basically rocket fuel for me!
17 comments:
Smiling and running, ohhhh how hard I find to do that
It's just a motivating and inspiring book in so many ways! I loved it.
I recently read and have been following Clean (Dr. Alejandro Junger). One of the things that they talk about is eating out of a Buddah Bowl - eating only as much food as would fit in your 2 hands if they were cupped like a bowl. Very interesting concept for portion size! I definitely have learned that I can eat a lot less and still train effectivly!
Thanks for leaving me the BEST comment ever! You totally made my morning. I have a copy of this book on my bedside table. Guess it's time to read it...
YES!!!
I picked out the same things when I read it...
And my 3 favorite triathlete's that never stop smiling - Chrissie (of course), Andy Potts and Terenzo Bozzone. They just love everything about the sport and the competition.
I think smiling is the best thing!! You often get other people to smile, and it just makes me feel good to smile.
I have not read the famous book. I think I am one of the last holdouts. I am not holding out, I just haven't bought the book yet.
183
I loved that book too! My Father-n-law recommended to me and I'm so glad he did b/c it's just a great book!
I havn't read this book either, but it is the 3rd time Ive heard about it in the past 2 months, so I have to visit Borders now. I like the smile thing, I wish i had a more natural smile.But I try
I haven't read this book but am heading to the store now to get it.
I have been smiling since I started running and every time I run I smile and say hello to those I pass. Even those just out walking or doing nothing related to running. It is the greatest feeling.
In the past month and a half my wife and I have switched to a more plant based diet and it has been awesome. It may not be for everybody but it is for us and it has worked to the point of being faster, stronger and leaner. I love it.
Thanks for the review.
I haven't read this book but am heading to the store now to get it.
I have been smiling since I started running and every time I run I smile and say hello to those I pass. Even those just out walking or doing nothing related to running. It is the greatest feeling.
In the past month and a half my wife and I have switched to a more plant based diet and it has been awesome. It may not be for everybody but it is for us and it has worked to the point of being faster, stronger and leaner. I love it.
Thanks for the review.
I seriously think the minimalist shoe contributed to my heel issue...but who knows. I just know I never had problems in 35 years of running until I started running in the Ravenna's .... but maybe it was the 35+ years of running :).
What I love about you, Derek, is you find the positive in EVERYTHING. Maybe we all need a sour past to see so many positives ... I don't know, but it makes my day every time I see a new post from you.
btw, I am headed to the podiatrist in 2 hours. Can you believe it!?! FINALLY I may have an answer!
Loved the book. A must read, even if you don't run because it's a cool story.
it seems i will be the last to have read it... :) it's definitely next on my list! and i've heard that quote before 'eat like a poor person' makes sense.
still off dairy, sugar, soda, grains...feeling good, but it's killing me to walk down the candy aisle... :)
Great post. Timely for me as I have a race in 2 weeks and I'm a big time over-analytical stress monster. Tightness burns precious fuel. I need to remember to smile.
A life without bread or pasta is inconceivable to me. I'm too chicken to try it.
I just read the diet part of your post. I stopped reading when you mentioned spoiler alert for the book. Its next on my list.
I agree with you on dairy. Dairy makes me feel bloated. Pasta makes me feel sluggish.
The only gluten products that I eat are flour tortillas. They go with everything and agree with my stomach and don't slow me down. Peanut butter, banana on a tortilla is basically rocket fuel for me!
I was reading this book one night as I was waiting for my daughter's phone call to pick her up. I didn't want to put it down:)
I just got this book for my kindle, can't wait to dive into it!!
177
I got to get that book. I like the eat like a poor person.
It's been a while since I've dumpster dived, but in the name of fitness I'll get back at it. Thanks. haha.
B
Post a Comment