Monday, January 17, 2011

RnR AZ RR








27 comments:

racing dawn said...

Great report! Great finish time for sure!!! I love your positive attitude...Enjoy your recovery week - you deserve it friend!!! :)

valen said...

you are so right about erasing the memory of a bad race... well done on your acomplishment and a great report as well.

Ironman By Thirty said...

Great race! Glad to hear you got over the bad experience at TCM.

You have come a long way in 4 years! Amazing!

C2Iowa said...

Well done and good RR.

Matty O said...

Redemption my friend!

Yeah, that is why I bailed on my BQ goal. I think I would end up injured... 10 minutes is A LOT to shave off and I would rather complete an ironman than BQ :)

Glad you made it through and did not have to bail or walk the end!

Unknown said...

you have such a great perspective and attitude on racing. You are very inspiring my friend - great race and excellent race report!

KovasP said...

No snow, friends, good run, really what more could you ask for?

JohnP said...

Whoa - great time though! I'd kill for that time! lol :)

Sounds like a blast. I totally understand erasing the bad memory. Sounds like mission accomplished!

Emily said...

Congrats on a great race and finding the fun in it even after missing your time goals. I did Phoenix last year and also had an effortless first half but fell apart in the last miles. And most importantly, you got to hang out in gorgeous Arizona, and for that, I hate you.

Jason said...

Great job D. Great perspective too. You are a true inspiration.

I had emailed Em on Sunday to find out how you guys did b/c I did not have your email but was thrilled with how well you did.

Way to go bro!

Jon said...

Great job! You have such an incredible run base. Lake Placid has got nothing on you!

Jill said...

I thought about you many times and was cheering loudly...did you hear me?? :)

I was going to email you when I heard of your time but thought I would be patient and wait for the RR and see how you felt before I made a comment...but please know you've been on my mind for the past few days!

I am thrilled you had such a great time and walked away with fantastic memories, having met new friends and raced on a course that you'd love to do again (I have many I cannot say that about!) - sometimes, that's what this game is all about: the good times! You have a 3:20 in you if you trained for it. I have alway believed in you and that illustrious BQ time and I will never wan from that thought...it's there, time will tell you when, but I know it's soon!

I'd love to do CIM...maybe we can meet there this year :). And hang out for a bit after!! Congratulations, Derek - very happy for you! :)

Heather said...

Congrats on the race, especially on having a positive experience after Twin Cities. Now back to the lovely cold MN weather. :)

Velma said...

Nice work - the key is that you enjoyed the race. It is great to get more miles on your legs before hard core Ironmanb training!

Emz said...

You.
Freaking.
Rock.

I. Am. So. Inspired. By. You.

Please
Know
This.

You. Are. Amazing.

Christina said...

Wow, great race report and congrats on a fabulous race! That's a freakin awesome time, and that it felt that great is huge.
Amazing to look back at those Anniversary dates too and how far you've come!
The sky is the limit for you!
YOU'RE AWESOME!!
Enjoy your rejuvin' this week...

Chris K said...

I'm gonna give my 2nd BQ attempt a go in 3 weeks. Luckily, it gets easier as you get older so I have 1/2 a chance. I'm really glad that I read your race report. You had a great attitude.

Annie said...

Love your race report. You did awesome. I am pretty sure "The AZ run was easily the best time I have had in a marathon so far." is a PR, even if it wasn't the goal you were shooting for. You will definitely be an inspiration for me at Houston.

Pahla said...

This was such a great race report - I'm so glad you had a good time and a happy race!! And happy 4 years to you as well, how nice that the day was even more special for you!

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Yay! Congrats on your awesome time and not having any weird cramping issues! I LOVED reading your race report! I could totally relate to almost all of it, except the fast time! :)

I really wish I would have been able to meet up with all of you Friday night. I'm sure it was a good time!

We got back to CO today and what a huge change in weather. We basically went from 75 degrees and sunny to 20 degrees and snowing. Brrr....I miss the sunshine!

Unknown said...

Amazing! Great race! :)

Kristin Bradfield said...

Congrats on a great race! Nice report.

Caroline said...

loved reading this report! Glad I read this before going for my first half on sunday!
congrats on your race!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow, congrats

Caratunk Girl said...

Love your attitude, like I told you in the email, sounds like a fantastic race, fun is #1 reason for doing it!

Have fun swim swim spinning!!

184~

Julie said...

Hi Derek,
God, I am so far behind on the blogging and missed this! So sorry...please forgive me.

Congrats to you on a amazing marathon finish!! Your time kicked butt:) So proud of you!

Bryan said...

Catching up on your blog. AWESOME FRICKEN TIME and even after a porta pottie break. WOW man.

You have just inspired me. I start IMSG training tomorrow and I'll be thinking of your big gains as motivation.

WOW BRO. I'm soooo happy for you. Just bloody awesome.

B