I can't even imagine running in temps like that!! IM training is definitely a whole family effort - I joked a few times about being an "Iron Widow" when IronHubs was training. But the good news is that now he owes me... :-)
It will feel like summer time in Phoenix for you. My god, I can't even imagine running in the weather you run in. I would die for sure. My whole body would be frost bitten. I complain about winters in Florida...hate the cold!Good luck with your taper for the marathon. Can we track you that day?
the cold days will make summer so much more enjoyable!! Dont ever doubt why you signed up, you love it and will do it again! Good to hear you going strong! Happy new year!
Man, I even would have bailed on that one man. The windchill is what kicks my butt.
Solid routine still. Keep it up.
Hopefully you are getting to AZ early to acclimate to the heat a bit? At least start running indoors a bit more so your lungs are used to normal air man.
1 is kinda warm isn't it? I ran last night too and my legs and stomach were BRIGHT red when I came in. I can't wait for Miami!
I admire people with kids and a family who also make time to train. It will be a balance but you'll make it work...and you'll owe them a fabulous vacation with lots of daddy time when you're done :)
Hey you know what I always say about your job and kids interfering with training? That is why unemployment benefits and adoption agencies were invented. True Story (-:
That is hard core. Even at those temps, I probably would consider using the treadmill. At least in the single digits. I cover my shoes with ducktape and that helps ALOT!
So I totally won't complain about the weather being cold here ever again. You are a rock star for training in that weather. Good luck in Phoenix you are going to rock it!
yeah, it is cold here too. It is all going to be worth it come July 24th man. BUT you really must have a hard time fitting it all in with the fam, work, training..hats off to you!
1 degree!!! Omg, I would die. I'm crying over low 30s/upper 20s in NYC. I've had it with winter and can't believe we have to slog through months more. Nice work sticking to the training, I found LP a little harder to train for since it's earlier in the year.
22 comments:
I can't even imagine running in temps like that!! IM training is definitely a whole family effort - I joked a few times about being an "Iron Widow" when IronHubs was training. But the good news is that now he owes me... :-)
things I don't miss about Vermont: negative temperatures.
I did Phoenix last year, it's a blast. And I promise you it will be warmer than negative 1!
It will feel like summer time in Phoenix for you. My god, I can't even imagine running in the weather you run in. I would die for sure. My whole body would be frost bitten. I complain about winters in Florida...hate the cold!Good luck with your taper for the marathon. Can we track you that day?
Well, people lose toenails running ultras, maybe it's toes for IM? :)
that is COLD! Way to stick through it! Hope AZ isn't too hot for ya!
the cold days will make summer so much more enjoyable!! Dont ever doubt why you signed up, you love it and will do it again! Good to hear you going strong! Happy new year!
way to stick with it! Damn that's cold. Only a matter of time before we start hitting the super-low temps here.
I'm scared.
Your weather is heading our way :(
Man, I even would have bailed on that one man. The windchill is what kicks my butt.
Solid routine still. Keep it up.
Hopefully you are getting to AZ early to acclimate to the heat a bit? At least start running indoors a bit more so your lungs are used to normal air man.
The cold air hurts my lungs.
Hope it warms up soon for you! That sounds miserable! The TM would be my best friend!
1 is kinda warm isn't it? I ran last night too and my legs and stomach were BRIGHT red when I came in. I can't wait for Miami!
I admire people with kids and a family who also make time to train. It will be a balance but you'll make it work...and you'll owe them a fabulous vacation with lots of daddy time when you're done :)
That's why God invented treadmills!! :)
hard core. your IM wont be as cold, tho
Dude AZ is going be a freaking paradise!
Hey you know what I always say about your job and kids interfering with training? That is why unemployment benefits and adoption agencies were invented. True Story (-:
That is hard core. Even at those temps, I probably would consider using the treadmill. At least in the single digits. I cover my shoes with ducktape and that helps ALOT!
So I totally won't complain about the weather being cold here ever again. You are a rock star for training in that weather.
Good luck in Phoenix you are going to rock it!
Brrr - you deserve some warm weather!!!
Way to push through it. It is tough but it will be worth it come race time. Keep up the great work and lets hope the weather warms up for us! :)
197
yeah, it is cold here too. It is all going to be worth it come July 24th man. BUT you really must have a hard time fitting it all in with the fam, work, training..hats off to you!
you are going to be so hot in AZ!!
1 degree!!! Omg, I would die. I'm crying over low 30s/upper 20s in NYC. I've had it with winter and can't believe we have to slog through months more. Nice work sticking to the training, I found LP a little harder to train for since it's earlier in the year.
OMG that is REALLY code.
Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com
D, try chemical toe warmers, you can get them at home depot. Construction workers put them in their boots. Or move South. haha
b
Post a Comment