Saturday, July 30, 2011

IMLP 2011 - photo dump...

Huge Thank You to everyone who emailed and texted me after the race....and also for your kind and most awesome comments on my RR post. I truly appreciate them all!

I figured what better way to put a wrap on this IM journey than a full on photo dump....and in the spirit of Ironman there is an obnoxious amount :)




















Incredible bike course....scouted on Friday afternoon













Friday night athlete dinner





Beautiful swim course





Awesome bloggers





what a shocker....saw Em at Starbucks with her mom!





Post race with Jon











There are many many lines at IM: registration...bike check...IM Store....basically there is a line for everything!









The goal














Note to self...do not have loose tablets of Nuun in bento box day before race...they do not fare well in overnight rain. Also note to me and other racers....leaving gear bags hanging overnight not quite closed up all the way = wet socks, helmet and gear if it rains the night before.




























A good sign...seeing the Captain in transition pre race!
























This was hilarious....while chatting with the Captain in the finish area this guy came up and let Bryan have it ...as he missed the last Kona spot last year because Bry took it. Not sure what B said but he had all of us laughing including the volunteers....












Simon, the Captain and me




John P, me, Captain, Simon



















Adios Lake Placid ...you are an incredible place to Swim Bike Run!



13 comments:

Christina said...

WOW! Congrats on an incredible Ironman! Speed demon! You earned that time, I'm glad your day was unbelievable!! LOVED reading your race report and LOVE these pics!
Congrats Ironman! :)

Aimee said...

Those pics were awesome! Loved your tips about NUUN tablets/open bags and the rain! :)

XLMIC said...

Congrats on a race so well done :) These pictures are great!

Jill said...

Love the pictures, what great memories captured in these, I know you will be living this day a gazillion times ... in the next week :). I expecially love the picture of you scratching your butt. Hahah!

So very, very happy for you!!!

Jason said...

Love the pics dude. And I was about to ask what is next and yet there it is....a trail marathon in two months.

Keep up the great work D....inspiration for sure.

Caratunk Girl said...

LOVE the photo dump!! And the awesome text messages! So can you still be my text message buddy even though we don't have a countdown anymore? I am going to miss that!

-7

Matthew Smith said...

Congratulations! I loved all the pictures. It looked like you had an awesome race!

Unknown said...

I never get tired of IM pictures! :) Thanks for sharing!

Ironman By Thirty said...

All these pictures are making me itch for Wisconsin!

LOL @ Mandy's comment - always counting down (or up) to something.

Simon said...

Yeah, dude, this was an awesome location for a race and superbly well organised. My 19th Ironman and my second favourite location after Austria (not counting Kona).

You did awesomely well in your first Ironman and hopefully I'll give you a bit more competition next time our paths cross.

Big respect to you for all that you've achieved.

Emz said...

Best.
Dump

Ever.

Ummm best photo dump ever!!!

Matty O said...

Dude, your finishers pic was AWESOME! Who says white men can't jump???

Thanks for sharing these :)

Bryan said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the finish line jump. AWESOME!!! Best ever finish shot. I'm not an expert but you looked happy. haha

B